Surviving Violence (Tactical Emergency Medicine)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_0019.JPG
blood-hands.jpg
June 4 & 5th (16 hours)

Tulsa, Ok

$250.00

You do not need any previous medical training or experience, only a true willingness to learn to attend this course. Truth and reality are what is taught, life saving skills are not solely the prevue of doctors, nurses, or medics. You are far more capable than some would want you to believe.

You are preparing for perhaps the worst day of your life. Stress inoculation and pressure testing will be utilized during training to help you understand the realities of providing care in such circumstances. This isn't entertainment or for bragging rights. Its to give you the confidence to SURVIVE and care for those you love.

A gunfight, criminal assault, or terrorist attack isn't always over when the shooting stops, knife is dropped, or smoke clears. Often who lives and who dies is determined immediately afterwards. Marksmanship, weapons manipulations, combatives and tactics may NOT be the skill sets that ensure you or those you love survive. The difference could well be the medical care rendered immediately after or even during the event.

Training is useless unless it addresses the realities of the student's daily lives. Since most of us do NOT carry a trauma kit at work, school, church, or the mall; participants will not only be taught how to use tactical and/or emergency medical kit, but also the principles behind them so they will be able to improvise life saving medical equipment from whatever is on hand.

I returned from Paris this March after teaching this very course and assisting French services. It was my 5th course in Europe. I have served as an instructor in the U.S.Army Special Operations Medical Program, SWAT Paramedic, Flight Paramedic, and now practice anesthesia as a CRNA. I have trained Special Forces, SEALs, PJ's, police, foreign police and military. I am blessed to be assisted by my dear friend and former Command Surgeon of 5th Special Forces Group. But this class is NOT about us. Its about you! And the only person you can count on to respond is YOU! This course is designed for you. Years of training and experience from many veteran providers has been combined and used to build a course for you as you are in your daily life. It is designed to equip you to deal with real threats in the real world.

COURSE OUTLINE

MINDSET

TACTICAL SKILLS

Threat Assessment (criminal, terrorist, accidental)

Escape

stealth vs dynamic

Evacuation of Casualties (drags, carries, assists)

Emergency Communications

Barricading

exits / avenues of approach

fatal funnel

choke points

Cover

Concealment

noise and light discipline

Managing unknown contacts

Securing Threats

Improvised Weapons

Medical Kits (selecting and staging)

MEDICAL SKILLS

Blood Sweep Weapons Search

X A B C

X (Care under threat)

get off X eXterminate threats stop eXternal bleeding

A airway

B breathing

C circulation

Improvised Medical Equipment

Controlling Hemorrhage

Direct Pressure

Pressure Points

Tourniquets

Pressure Dressings

Clotting Agents

Cricothyrotomy

Needle

Surgical

Needle Decompression of Tension Pneumothorax

Treatment of Sucking Chest Wound

Treatment of Flailed Chest

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 54984 View attachment 54985 June 4 & 5th (16 hours)

Tulsa, Ok

$250.00

You do not need any previous medical training or experience, only a true willingness to learn to attend this course. Truth and reality are what is taught, life saving skills are not solely the prevue of doctors, nurses, or medics. You are far more capable than some would want you to believe

Have not attended, but a good friend is a 1st responder on a fire department. They have worked several accidents where the family doctor on the scene has been asked to step back.
Folks that know first responder techniques are invaluable.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM me for information to sign up. $100 deposit holds your spot with balance due before class. Class size is limited to ensure quality of instruction and student performance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom