Swede 6.5 disc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't put too much store in the markings on the disk - remember, it was stamped at the time of the last "official" inspection. So the rifle could have more wear on it than indicated on the disk.

The proof is in the pudding, as you discovered with your range session :)

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Don't put too much store in the markings on the disk - remember, it was stamped at the time of the last "official" inspection. So the rifle could have more wear on it than indicated on the disk.

The proof is in the pudding, as you discovered with your range session :)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
todd nailed it. looks like you have a shooter there. good looking rifle.
btw, the rear sight is getting harder for me to see and i'm only 51!
when i say harder, i mean almost impossible.

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 94 has a stock disk that is unmarked. I don't know what that means. At first, I thought it might be a replacement; but what for? The rifle itself is in good condition and the bore is solid. The stock isn't matching to the rifle so whatever marks might be there wouldn't necessarily apply to this rifle anyway. I just don't know. It's the only unmarked one I've ever seen.

And, yes, my old eyes could never do this rifle justice. These sights are much too fine for my bifocals. I'd have loved to have owned this one back when.

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 148

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Verrrry interesting! When I click on my photo above, it shows to be 1 of 4 pics - my rifle and then 3 pics of Personofinterest's rifle.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 94 has a stock disk that is unmarked. I don't know what that means. At first, I thought it might be a replacement; but what for? The rifle itself is in good condition and the bore is solid. The stock isn't matching to the rifle so whatever marks might be there wouldn't necessarily apply to this rifle anyway. I just don't know. It's the only unmarked one I've ever seen.

I recall seeing blank stock disks for sale online a few years back. I don't remember though if they were milsurp disks or repro's.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's it. I've come to my own conclusion that when the armorer, or whoever, mated this stock to the barreled action, he removed the old disc, which would have no pertinence to this barreled action, and replaced it with the "blank" one. Makes sense, right or wrong.