Swiss rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my small collection of swiss rifles so far. From the top we have an 05/11, an 1896/11 and a 1911 rifle. The 05/11 is a 1905 carbine converted to a K11. Only the 05/11 is import marked. And all of them are all numbers matching. I just need a true K11 and a K31 to complete the collection. I wouldnt mind having an 1889 but they cant shoot GP11 and I dont like owning a rifle I cant shoot. I got my 1911 from simpson ltd. It is really nice and even came with a muzzle cover.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
very nice john! i'll be bending your ear some. been thinking about a swiss in some form and knew where one was in a collection and could be bought. this thread was the nudge i needed to cut the deal today. still has the interarms decal from the late 60's and probably has not been fired since brought over. all matching including the mag. my rifle has the brighter red handle and the shiny sided rear sight like the 96/11 but serial 469xxx puts in 1918 with the 1911 guns? any thoughts? do you guys know if the decal is the only import identification interarms did? i've been over the gun and can't find any thing else. don't want to high jack the thread but wanted the guru knowledge.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
very nice john! i'll be bending your ear some. been thinking about a swiss in some form and knew where one was in a collection and could be bought. this thread was the nudge i needed to cut the deal today. still has the interarms decal from the late 60's and probably has not been fired since brought over. all matching including the mag. my rifle has the brighter red handle and the shiny sided rear sight like the 96/11 but serial 469xxx puts in 1918 with the 1911 guns? any thoughts? do you guys know if the decal is the only import identification interarms did? i've been over the gun and can't find any thing else. don't want to high jack the thread but wanted the guru knowledge.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

That is a nice 1911 rifle going off the serial number as you said. Before 1968 most guns that were imported were not import marked in any way. Both my Finnish used M38 carcanos were/are non import marked and they were imported by interarms in the 1950's.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a really bad photo of my most recent acquisition, a 1927 K11. I had considered a Swiss in the past due to the uniqueness of their design but didn't want to feed another caliber. Oh well, what's another caliber? :rotflmao: The paper (removed after photo was taken) taped to the stock is a photocopy of the owner's information under the buttplate. dlbleak was kind enough to bring me some ammo when he visited yesterday so I'm looking forward to taking this one to the range.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_Shooting_5F79881D_5f08e84236c1599c43165b42b8cb84390.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom