Swords Anyone ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone on here that collects, owns, or is interested in swords? I have a couple of Cold Steel replicas and like to learn about the military blades.

Red Dirt Rider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know much, but I would like to get a few some day. I like the katana, and Cold Steel has some awesome Katana's! A friend found a civil war style sword on his land in Newalla OK.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Paul Chen Hanwei Forge Practical Plus katana. It's quite a beast, although I don't cut anything with it. It's blade has never touched anything except it's Saya (scabbard). I figure I'll keep it unused until the zombie apocalypse that way I know it'll be good to go.

I've always liked swords, I would love to have some old military swords since I love old military guns it would be awesome to have matching blades for that era's handgun and long gun. I'm no expert though, I've done a fair bit of reading but just out of interest.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a basket hilt broadsword and a light cavalry saber, both made or marketed by Cold Steel. I purchased the models that most interested me. I have owned others in the past but, nothing I wanted to hang on to. I am looking at some of the other military replicas available. Prices seem to be all over the place. Let me know if you spot a good buy.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to have a good sword, but for the price of a decent on, I always end up getting a new gun or ammo+accessories. Are cold steel katanas good for real use? I know their knives are ok.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything from CS that I would call poor quality. I am sure there are better makers but, I haven't had the chance to cut with them. I was amazed with the sharpness, right out of the box and the fit and finish. My saber even included a British proof test certificate(performed in India and signed) I hope to have swords from other makers soon. All it takes is money and a patient wife. There are limits on both!

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to have a good sword, but for the price of a decent on, I always end up getting a new gun or ammo+accessories. Are cold steel katanas good for real use? I know their knives are ok.
It depends the steel used and how it was made. I like nihonto. Made in traditional way, folding steel with soft core and water treated temper like at the cutting edge. Expensive to get but may be find some nice old swords (koto) from the war. Use to restore and collect Japanese blade. Now, I found the steel spitting out lead is more fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom