Tactacam Reveal Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after using 5 Tactacam Reveals for almost 2 months I've decided to do a review on them. I've had numerous issues with them. I've had times where I wouldn't get any pictures when I knew there were deer in front of them. Customer service replied quickly. Their go to answer is to use Class 10 U3 SD cards. I was using Class 10 U1 cards and I switched. Still had issues with not getting pics when I know there were deer in front of the cameras. No replies from customer service after I told them which sd cards I was using. On 3 occasions this happened. I have 2 friends that have had this issue as well. If this was during deer season I'd be livid. Also had 2 cameras go dead in 4 days on brand new rayovak batteries. Both cameras took less than 1500 pics and flash set on low, megapixels set on 8(lowest setting). I always use rayovaks and buy in 72 packs on amazon. Never had an issue with them and are just as good as energizers and duracells imo. Same package batteries are at 50% in my coverts after 2500 pics. They are a fun affordable camera but not as dependable as the coverts. I've ordered more Coverts and will stick with them in the future. Fyi you can get coverts for almost half the price on Ebay.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info! Does Coverts have different models? If so which do you prefer?

I like the Verizon Blackhawk Lte. They are normally $399. $240 on ebay or if you know an outfitter you can get them for 35% off directly. Verizon seems to have service anywhere I've ever hunted. I never tried their cheaper ones but read a few comments on facebook that said to stick with the $399 ones.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I like the Verizon Blackhawk Lte. They are normally $399. $240 on ebay or if you know an outfitter you can get them for 35% off directly. Verizon seems to have service anywhere I've ever hunted. I never tried their cheaper ones but read a few comments on facebook that said to stick with the $399 ones.
Thank you. I wonder what it takes to be set up as an outfitter.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info. Thanks for posting. The Tactacam reviews I’ve read have been varied. Some love them and some not so much.

I’ll look into the Coverts, but for now, I’m sticking with my Spartans until the 3g service craps out.
I read somewhere about someone being told that their Spartans wouldn't work as cellular anymore. I assume the 3g service is phased out at different times in different areas.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. I wonder what it takes to be set up as an outfitter.

Probably not much. I might call and ask. I might just start an llc or something. As much as I spend on leases, feed, , batteries, cameras, gas, etc etc It might be worth doing for tax write offs. Just start a Facebook page and charge $5k a hunt. If someone actually booked I’d be happy and shocked lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably not much. I might call and ask. I might just start an llc or something. As much as I spend on leases, feed, , batteries, cameras, gas, etc etc It might be worth doing for tax write offs. Just start a Facebook page and charge $5k a hunt. If someone actually booked I’d be happy and shocked lol.
I’ve thought about doing the same thing. It’s embarrassing how much I spend on a place I only see about a dozen times a year.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read somewhere about someone being told that their Spartans wouldn't work as cellular anymore. I assume the 3g service is phased out at different times in different areas.
That’s what I’ve been told. My cameras are still sending pictures in east Texas and NW Oklahoma, and I hope they continue for a while longer.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom