Take a Sharpie to your rear site?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came across Gun talk on KTOK 1000 AM radio this morning.
The host said he takes a Sharpie and colors in the dots on his
rear sites. He said with the site colored in he was faster on target
and more accurate with his handguns. Anyone try this?

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got older those white triangles on Winchester rear rifle sights only make it more blurry than it is. I just flipped the little adjusting piece around so its all plain black. Helps for me.

I can't take credit for this idea. That belongs to everybody's favorite crazy man Hickok45.
He said on one of his vids he Cowboy action shoots and colored sights are not allowed. He said that his eyesight is not like it used to be and making them all black helps blurriness by reversing them around to all black. I tried it and it helps.

For a front bead I like shiny brass, shiny silver or white in that order. Not for any reason other than I am a hunter and a bright brass against black seems to show up better against a variety of backgrounds and lighting conditions you encounter in the field.

Last edited:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my carry gun my rear sight is total black, the front sight has white on the top 1/3rd and I can pick it up real quick.

My front is also narrower and this seems to help when I’m on the target.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a fan of just a little color on the front sight of my carry gun and black rear. At typical gun fight range you are only using the front sight to get on target fast anyway.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 5” M&P setup for idpa that has those sights. I bought it that way but it seems to work very well. All the other M&P units have red dot or truglo tfo sights with green front and yellow rear that work well too. Never had those “on the clock” against the long slide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom