Talk me into or out of some Hi Power pistolsmithing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...I love my Hi Power Practical...but I think I want to send it to Cylinder and Slide for some doodads. I'm thinking a trigger job, wide combat hammer and to have the slide refinished. I'll get the slide done regardless of sending it off or having that done locally...so the question is do I send it to C&S for the other two mods (or maybe more)?

Trigger job option I'm leaning towards puts it at 4-4.5# pull, although they do offer a 3-3.5# but I think thats a bit much for my use.
Safety would be 1911esque for a more positive manipulation.

Any suggestions on anything else to look into?

They arent the cheapest, nor the quickest...but they're supposed to be among the best if not the best in the biz for Hi Powers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot a C&S Hi-power years ago, you won't be disappointed. Dunno if you're thinking about it but the beavertail mod was a bit goofy IMO.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i jotted that down on my list but wasnt really super interested in it, so I didnt include it above. Ive never been bit by mine anyways so I dont see it as very necessary.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't offer a recommendation on either of the above, but both 1911master and surjimmy know a bit about the platform so I would pay attention to what they are saying. Now, having said that, I have seen your toys and you do have some nice ones. Go for it; you are young enough to enjoy it for years to come. If I was in your position, Id be sending that pistol off to Don Williams ASAP. And then I'd bring it to the next ENS so the cool guys among us (as in me) can check it out!

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a guy should may be call this Don Williams character.

Quick look at his site and it appears he is a bit less expensive to boot.

Where is he located?
Arizona. Have no fear in using his services. Just great workmanship and customer service. 928 636 1691, 3030 Center Street West, Chino Valley, AZ 86323

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was active over on 1911 Forum, Don used to post quite a bit in the HP section and was generally friendly and helpful. I like doing business with folks like that. His work is highly regarded over there too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom