Talk to me about Kydex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking of trying it...my carry holsters have always been leather. What should a guy look for, avoid, etc?
Is all kydex better than a hybrid? Brand recommendations? Anybody local (Tulsa) to have one "custom" made?

I have no idea what I'm looking for.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of staying traditional but I'm trying to go a bit more "modern" for this setup. I may not find any options I like so we will see. The light may limit my choices greatly and force my hand one way or another.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Raven Concealment Phantom if you can stumble across one. They have been discontinued.

That would be my first choice. They show up on Ebay. There is a LH there now. AR15.com is another place. Sig forums.

JM Customs OBW1 product from their custom line.
I have not ran one of these, but I have ran their IWBs. (I actually happen to have one on at the moment. They make some really good stuff.

I’ve had a few from bravo concealment that were 80-90% of the Phantom.

There are many out there bending kydex into holsters that really don’t know what they are doing. Both from the kydex forming or even knowing how a gun should be carriered and drawn from a holster.

Search out a Phantom if you can. There were a bunch mass marketed to dealers in a cute box. I still spot one on occasion at a shop when traveling. They are desirable enough that a RH Glock 17 with no light will bring $150 + on EBay.

Edited to fix a few typos, I obviously didn’t proof read that.

Last edited:

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kydex retains on the trigger guard. Works okay with plastic guns but hard on metal frames. Pic is what a Kydex holster does to a steel frame with a Parkerized finish in a really short time. Other finishes may stand up better.

Attachments

• 6717D5D9-BE2C-4608-98F3-B5D66653689A_1_201_a.jpeg
    6717D5D9-BE2C-4608-98F3-B5D66653689A_1_201_a.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 145

Latest posts

Top Bottom