1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Talk to me about tomahawks

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by aviator41, Nov 22, 2013.

1. SpiritualGuns

SpiritualGuns Marksman

If you keep it in the vehicle check out the Max Ax. Its what the military has switched to, to do away with multiple tools. You can usually find them cheap used.

http://www.forresttoolco.com/

I've used mine a lot, and its held an edge very nicely.

2. madokie

madokie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    the roofing hammer you can keep inside vehicle,along with axe..hatchet or tomahawk is a weapon,and must be kept out of passenger compartment.i use a splitting maul in scrap metal work busting up things,comes dull no need to sharpen.i love those plastic/fiberglass handles, way better than wood.i keep long knives and "weapons" under hood of my truck.a good long machete will do a lot of work, but there are good short ones too.5 years ago academy had a closeout on Gerber Brush thinner, a machete like tool with a hook on end of blade,made in findland and sharp as h**l. fiskars now sells it,plenty on amazon, some debate as to whether the new fiskars are worth buyin compared to older Gerber models, new fiskars have different handle with rubbery grip, as long as blade is made in finland, id say a good buy ..it took me 4 years to dull the first one, now i am using number 2 and have one new one left.i buy cheap roofing hammers in pawn shops for 2$ and use a grinder for sharpening ,they work great for digging and chopping roots, if its gets dull just fire up the grinder, dirt cheap and very handy..carefull out in the woods with a short hatchet or other short handled chopping tool,usually means the cutting edge is way closer to a body part (finger) than it would be with a long handle on sharp tool.dont need to lop off a finger or slice a sharp edge into foot out in the boonies.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  3. Kaw77

Kaw77 Sharpshooter

check out this site
    the owner is in MO and attends - sells at the Wannenmacher shows
    I bought the War Beast one hell of a sharp beautiful piece of work
    http://www.2hawks.net/tomahawks/

4. langston302

langston302 Sharpshooter

been using a fiskars Hatchet for close to 10 years. this takes a keen edge and holds it for a good long time. love these types.