Taurus over Glock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah!!! Because this is what the everyday person will run into.

If you use that same rationale then you really wouldn't need the gun you carry most of the time anyways right?

We don't do the things we do because it is something the average person will do, but that this is something the average person should be able to do!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot the fourth kind of person. Those who need a gun to defend themselves or family but can not afford a high end gun . Normally I would suggest to people layaway. But sometimes that is not even an option. And if you have never had to live on limited income ( I mean $800 a month ) then you would never know what this is like. There are people like myself who would love to own guns that cost more than a Taurus, Charter Arms or any other that people might think are not worth anything. And for people who can afford more to talk down to us like we are nothing is really sickening.

And the "everyday person" should have a Bersa, Taurus, Rossi, Jennings- Bryco, Highpoint or whatever they can justify in their night stand. If I was making a choice between the bills or a handgun.. I'd be all over the cheapest gun I could find more so if it lived in my sock drawer.That would be these folks.

And yea... once upon a time my only handgun was a .36 Repro Blackpowder Navy... I know what it's like to be broke.

Try to order parts for a Taurus so your local Gunsmith can fix it. Taurus wont sell parts...and aftermarket parts just don't exist for those guns. I can't wait 5 months for a spring or sear repair even if that repair is "free". Jennings..Bryco guns- no support and most gunsmiths wont fool with them. XD has little support other than factory... but they hold up to a lot of use...and if you need to send one back, it gets turned around quickly. Smith and Wesson has good factory service and Glock is very good to deal with also--- in the rare case you need to send one back.

False economy is expensive. Lifetime service that takes months of turnaround could cost you more than you expect.

If you think this is "snobery" so be it... but it's a fact.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ruger makes excellent quality guns,you can find p95's for $275 all over the place they are chunky but great for the money.

sr9's are top quality and can be found for the price of a taurus or less.bottom line it's not about you can't afford any thing but taurus ,it is about quality and much better than taurus can be found for the same price

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ruger makes excellent quality guns,you can find p95's for $275 all over the place they are chunky but great for the money.

sr9's are top quality and can be found for the price of a taurus or less.bottom line it's not about you can't afford any thing but taurus ,it is about quality and much better than taurus can be found for the same price

Thank you for making my point, Mr Bum (or Mr Saddlebum, whichever you prefer:fallangel)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what parts? you may get a sight or the odd spring out of them... cylinders, barrels, hammers... most of my gunsmitty buddies have not be able to get major parts for Taurus pistols

Definitely mag catches. A co-worker has gotten three of them shipped to him under warranty for his PT-111! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom