Tavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two big thumbs up! I am very, very pleased. Took it to Arkansas with me hunting and was able to get it sighted in. The range went out to 250 yds. Aimpoint Pro took very few shots to zero in.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father and my brother both have one now. I have shot both on a couple of occasions. They are the best designed firearms I have seen in a long time. Everything on them is well thought out. It is amazing how well they shoulder and how soft they shoot. My only complaints are the trigger is too heavy for long range accuracy (which is understandable since they were designed for urban combat) and the noise. They are extremely loud. I plan on purchasing one as soon as I can afford it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only complaints are the trigger is too heavy for long range accuracy (which is understandable since they were designed for urban combat) and the noise.

You can remove one of the two springs in the trigger assembly to lighten the trigger pull. It's very easy to do, as the TA drops out the bottom with the removal of two pins, and a pair of needle-nose pliers comes in handy for the spring removal. The second spring was added at the Israeli Army's request to ensure proper ignition of hard military primers in adverse conditions.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a bench, with no Sled, just sitting. After we got the Aimpoint Pro sighted in, the range we were practicing at in Ark, had a 204 yard max lane. We were sitting up bright orange Skeet Clays, and not a problem breaking them, sitting down and using elbows to shoot. I took a Caldwell Lead Sled but could not get the Tavor to work with it. I had forgot my 10 round mag and even with it, I don't know if a guy could use a Shooting rest like the Caldwell Sled, as the Tavor is to short!. So we mounded up some sand packs to get the Aimpoint sighted in. We used a bore sight, measured off 25 meters/82 feet and zeroed it in. It was dead on at 100yds on paper. So we took some Clay Piegons out to the 200yd lane and free handing, it is going to take me some practice, laying it up against a upright pole the range cover is held up with, it got extremely accurate. I took about 600 rounds of steel with me and it ate it like it was starving. Not a hiccup one. It is definitely a rifle that a guy is going to have to practice allot with. We watched some videos of guys shooting it, standing up and using the front of the hand guard to lay their arm on and we had a young guy that was able to do very well with it standing up and running his left arm up the trigger cover at a angle and get a good standing, steady rest with it. I like it allot so far. I am going to clean it up this evening and am looking forward to seeing how dirty it is and how it cleans up. Like I said, we ran all the steel that I took through it. I like the Aimpoint Pro on it as well, it stayed in and never had to adjust it once.

Trigger did not bother me at all. But I used to milk allot of cows! LOL! I may take one of the springs out, as my buddy and the other younger guy said they would like to see it lightened up.

I don't see the Tavor having any problems reaching out there with the regular AR's, once a guy practices with it allot and gets used to it. I say this as I just got in a new Colt AR 6920, and if after some time, this Tavor proves to be a keeper. I may just go to two of them and get rid of all my AR's together and just keep two Tavors around.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine shoots very accurately, although I will be buying a new trigger once the bugs get out. My 1-6 SWFA was a joy to shoot at 500 yards.

Major issue I had. Make sure to put your firing pin spring in correctly. When putting back in the bolt it needs to twist into the hole or it could get in a bind. Ask me how I know. Mine took a dump on the first stage at the run and gun, I pulled it out and it runs like a top, no slam fired.

I called IMI and they are sending a new redesigned firing pin spring "Sometime" ....

Gun is awesome everybody needs one and they are getting cheaper.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine. You must remove that extra trigger spring before judging the trigger pull as it makes a big difference. Also, I recommend getting a 1/2" riser for optics design for the AR15 as the scope rail is flush with the cheek rest and makes things like the eotech , Nikon m-223 mount and many others too low(for me anyways). If adding a scope I recommend getting a Burris AR-P.E.P.R. mount as it is the correct height without a spacer. You can get one at bass pro.

http://burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine. You must remove that extra trigger spring before judging the trigger pull as it makes a big difference. Also, I recommend getting a 1/2" riser for optics design for the AR15 as the scope rail is flush with the cheek rest and makes things like the eotech , Nikon m-223 mount and many others too low(for me anyways). If adding a scope I recommend getting a Burris AR-P.E.P.R. mount as it is the correct height without a spacer. You can get one at bass pro.

http://burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

What did you put on top of yours? Scope? Red Dot? Does it Co witness with the flip up sites. I put a Aimpoint Pro on and it does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom