Tavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good points about the bullpup design, besides the obvious advantage of a 16.5" barrel in a package barely over 26" in OAL, include a near optimum distribution of weight. Keeping the weight of a semi-auto rifle between the hands improves its handling dynamics, and the bullpup, with much of its weight behind the hands, is even better yet in that department. The Tavor is not a light rifle at 8 lbs, but it seems lighter in the hands because of the rearward weight distribution (my observations are based on picking one up and handling it at a gun show--I have zero trigger time with this rifle, but most bullpups feel lighter than their listed weights). I'm not a big fan of 5.56mm guns in general, but the Tavor is certainly a gun I'd like to look a little more closely at.

It's a great rifle, runs like a top and does feel lighter while mounted and shooting. Where it doesn't feel light is while humping it. Major reason why I sold it along that it has nearly no forearm to rest on. I ran it exclusively at the run and guns and while it could make any shot it just didn't fit there for me.

I got to meet a lot guys and it was def a great ice breaker. I already miss it, but the X95 will be out real soon and get a stamp...

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea. Desert Tech MDR will be coming quick too
Wow! First I've heard of the MDR...it may displace the Tavor on my want list, if, that is, its reliability is on par with the Tavor. At this point, the Tavor is a well proven rifle adopted by one the world's foremost military powers, and the MDR is a collection of good ideas.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! First I've heard of the MDR...it may displace the Tavor on my want list, if, that is, its reliability is on par with the Tavor. At this point, the Tavor is a well proven rifle adopted by one the world's foremost military powers, and the MDR is a collection of good ideas.

True, and I wouldn't buy a first gen MDR, but it's on the watch list. That and the X95 is rumored to be on the way soon. Gonna be fun to see what happens.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a great rifle, runs like a top and does feel lighter while mounted and shooting. Where it doesn't feel light is while humping it. Major reason why I sold it along that it has nearly no forearm to rest on. I ran it exclusively at the run and guns and while it could make any shot it just didn't fit there for me.

I got to meet a lot guys and it was def a great ice breaker. I already miss it, but the X95 will be out real soon and get a stamp...

I would not want to haul it around during a run and gun. It feels great while shooting and when shouldered, but it's definitely fat.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not want to haul it around during a run and gun. It feels great while shooting and when shouldered, but it's definitely fat.
Is it that bad? Around eight pounds or so? I've got an M1A that goes around 9 pounds, so the change to the Tavor wouldn't be all that much...hmm, much to consider here.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it that bad? Around eight pounds or so? I've got an M1A that goes around 9 pounds, so the change to the Tavor wouldn't be all that much...hmm, much to consider here.

It's not bad. I'm fat and half cripple with my bad knees, and I'm comparing it to my KAC with a keymod rail and aimpoint H1. So in comparison with my other rifle, it's heavy. To your M1A, not so much. Just looked it up, my KAC is a is about 6.8 pounds unloaded with aimpoint. The Tavor is 8.7 with eotech.

I really enjoyed shooting it. Found it easier to shoot than my other. The front of the gun is so light it makes it very easy to control and keep steady on target.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom