TDSA training (dry firing at another person)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fanboys will be fanboys.

Military necessity does not equal any Joe off the street with $400 to take a class.

A bad idea is still a bad idea no matter how badass you think you are, how skilled you are, how many classes you've taught and how far people travel to take your classes. This is hubris defined.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fanboys will be fanboys.

Military necessity does not equal any Joe off the street with $400 to take a class.

A bad idea is still a bad idea no matter how badass you think you are, how skilled you are, how many classes you've taught and how far people travel to take your classes. This is hubris defined.

Not real clear, SMS - are you for it or against it?

j/k

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yes. Classic defense. Only real "sheepdogs" can comprehend the necessity of performing the drill in this manner, with real firearms. Only sheepdogs are high speed enough to do it safely.

Anyone who criticizes it is one of the sheep.

More hubris.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. Yup. Too bad we aren't all Spetsnaz cool...well, actually, for $400 you can be!!!

Yeah. I'm probably hammering on the expired horse too much. I've no doubt the guys teaching the course are well intentioned professionals. I just disagree with this tactic. I'm not alone in that thought either, from amongst the flock or other training schools and instructors all around the country who have weighed in.

In the end, the people paying the $$ and the ones teaching the class have to live with their choices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom