Teachers strike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't have to amount to enough to pay for a raise, but it should be a first step before asking for more money in the form of tax increases.

I'm all for a teacher raise, but I expect the money that is already going to education be properly accounted for and properly allocated before more funds are asked for. That's not unreasonable at all....it's basic fiscal sanity. Something we lack at all levels of government.
I agree but they will never properly account for anything. lol

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no idea what teachers made so I just assumed it was all just want want want until I got recently engaged to a woman who teaches in New Hampshire and we have had to talk about money and stuff while trying to find an affordable condo in an extremely pricey part of the country. It was eye opening to see how little she makes after taxes, insurance, etc being on the job 24 years with just a few years from retirement and all of the education she has. She basically could not live on her own and live comfortable or even much above poverty level and she devotes herself totally to her occupation teaching special needs children.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that the poster had no idea what he was talking about before all of the anti-tax members jumped onboard with him.

What on God's green earth are you talking about?

The money has to come from SOMEWHERE. It either comes from cuts in other spending, or raises in taxes. One or the other. It's not grown on trees. So yes, he has a valid question in his post.

You don't know anything either, you just posted as much. So you can't say he's wrong if you don't know what IS going to happen.

Stop attacking other members' posts unless you have some concrete information to post contradicting it. And more than "I'm a 1@#$%@%$ing teacher so I know all."

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had no idea what teachers made so I just assumed it was all just want want want until I got recently engaged to a woman who teaches in New Hampshire and we have had to talk about money and stuff while trying to find an affordable condo in an extremely pricey part of the country. It was eye opening to see how little she makes after taxes, insurance, etc being on the job 24 years with just a few years from retirement and all of the education she has. She basically could not live on her own and live comfortable or even much above poverty level and she devotes herself totally to her occupation teaching special needs children.

I thought you were married. Did this actually work?

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/found-a-way-to-get-rid-of-my-wife.206519/

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...sy-ab..1.16.2092.6..46j0i46k1.133.4iHUOy1_OWQ
How much do teachers make in New Hampshire?
Average Elementary School Teacher Yearly Salary in New Hampshire. Elementary School Teachers earn a median salary of $55,690 per year. Salaries typically start from $38,810 and go up to $74,870.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...sy-ab..1.16.2092.6..46j0i46k1.133.4iHUOy1_OWQ
How much do teachers make in New Hampshire?
Average Elementary School Teacher Yearly Salary in New Hampshire. Elementary School Teachers earn a median salary of $55,690 per year. Salaries typically start from $38,810 and go up to $74,870.
Right now shes at a middle school with 24 years in and 4 away from retirement so shes at the top tier with her education. But, after taxes, insurance, etc, shes lucky to be able to afford a small apartment in the area the school is in, its beyond believable how expensive it is here. I lived in San Francisco and the bay area from 88-98 and we got our ass handed to us in rent then even worse in mortgages, especially living in Sunnyvale (Silicon Valley), that's why I moved up to Bear Valley. I thought it was the highest place to live on the planet. Nooop. New Hampshire is pricey as living F. Right now we're paying over 3gs a month in rent in a 3bdrm condo while working on transitioning into our own condo down in the Nashua area so I'm closer to my work in Boston. I'm going to maybe be working PT at Sig Sauer in CS this spring if all goes well over in Dover. We could have found a cheaper place if it had been me looking but she was born on Marthas Vineyard and has a higher sense of what she thinks is safe. Mind you its a constitutional carry state too and we both CC so I feel pretty safe anywhere, still, she likes the nicer things in life. Go figure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom