Tell me about bowling pin shoots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun.
I remember when they were popular before. Pretty soon you needed a high priced specialized pin gun to compete which I think priced out and put off a lot of potential competitors.
What pistols/calibers are fashionable these days for knocking off bowling pins?
What are the rules?
Iron sights or red dots or something else?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've shot a couple of matches at Firearms Solutions down in Duncan. They have one every month.

Bowling pins are evil. They stand there laughing at you daring you to hit them. When you do hit them, they spin around on the table laughing even harder and stop with their butt pointed towards you in defiance. Then you have to go to precision shooting mode which kills your speed to put that final bullet in their butt to show them who is boss.

The rules there as I remember them are revolver or semi-auto pistol. Magazines can only be loaded to eight rounds. You can have any caliber you want. Open sights only, no dots or lasers. No compensators. Two shooters at a time. Each string limited to three minutes. The shooter with fewer pins on the table when the clock runs out is the winner. Double elimination. There are six pins at 15 yards.

I like the Glock 21SF in 45. I've seen single stack 1911 platforms and what looked like race guns to me. There was one shooter using a .357 revolver who did very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom