Tell me about Mitchell's Mausers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be influenced by all the negativity. You already have it and it is a real Mauser. Shoot the tar out of it.

^^^^THIS!!!
Remember - even a refurb is a Mauser - the greatest bolt action ever made! What year was yours produced? )what's the letter/number code stamped on top of the receiver?)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a real mauser. Its just been refinished by the mauser world version of rijas lol.

Its like.........MTV's pimp my ride getting ahold of a classic car and destroying its collectability.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a real mauser. Its just been refinished by the mauser world version of rijas lol.

Its like.........MTV's pimp my ride getting ahold of a classic car and destroying its collectability.

Except the 98 still looks super-cool and was wielded by the most notorious army of the 20th Century. I've got a couple K98s that were re-stamped by the Commie Pigs in Yugoslavia - of course they missed a couple of waffenampts (sub-par worksmanship). The rifles still shoot great, and look good, too.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Remember - even a refurb is a Mauser - the greatest bolt action ever made! What year was yours produced? )what's the letter/number code stamped on top of the receiver?)

bcd 4 (i think that's what you are asking for?) Found some info and it has the waffenamt "749" eagle stamp too.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'44 - Germans were suffering some serious shortages due to prolonged war, and Allied bombing raids. Should have some stamped parts, Olsen's book on Mausers will show you exactly what it should look like. BTW - if you reload for it, I've found the Sierra 175 Game King to work well in every 98 (Turk's, etc..) I've shot.

Let us know how it shoots!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
900 bucks - wow. The really late war rifles have always been higher because of rarity. In 45 many were manufactured w/o bayonet lug, disassembly fixture in stock, some didn't have butt plate or other non-critical parts. Some were phosphated instead of blued, and some were partial/unfinished.

A buddy of mine bought a lot of ten RC surplus rifles about 4 or 5 years ago. In that lot was what appears to be an unfired 1945 model. Finish is a tad rough, but UNFIRED? He should buy lottery tickets....

Latest posts

Top Bottom