Tell me the good, bad and ugly about 10mm...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard this, but that wasn't my experience shooting both .45ACP and 10mm 1911s. It should be true, given the energies involved, but that just wasn't my experience.

I compared mine to my 41 mag as I was taking the 10mm into bear country instead of my smith. Was way more manageable than the 4” model 57.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not owned one, but have shot a couple in a Glock and a Colt 1911. It's a good round with some nice oomph to it. To me the recoil is about like a good heavy loaded 45acp. More muzzle blast but not that bad, I have owned, shot and reloaded for several 44 magnum pistols, and the 10 mm is just a little bit less. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't want another round to reload.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owned a 10mm back in the day. Brass was so expensive that it freaked me out when I lost one in the grass.
One of the three guns I've ever sold.
The Alaska Game Wardens are issued 10mm now for defense against dangerous game like bears, so that says something about the lethality of the round.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting into the 10mm game, but I don't know much about it. I've never owned one before, but I'm thinking that I might. If'n I do, vhances are it'll be a gen4 Glock 20 or 29.

:thanku:
Heavier gear, expensive ammo (especially now) XD makes one, Kimber makes them which is the I’m most familiar with. 357 mag type energy

Latest posts

Top Bottom