Tell me the good, bad and ugly about 10mm...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, not so fast there! 9X23 case is .900" long. 38 Super is .895" long. 9X23 actually has a bit more capacity, but for all practical purposes they are identical in capacity. Super is semi rimmed, and 9X23 is rimless. This allows a 9X23 an extra 2 rounds in a 170mm length mag.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, not so fast there! 9X23 case is .900" long. 38 Super is .895" long. 9X23 actually has a bit more capacity, but for all practical purposes they are identical in capacity. Super is semi rimmed, and 9X23 is rimless. This allows a 9X23 an extra 2 rounds in a 170mm length mag.
Ok, you guys got me with the metric bullcrap LOL! Muricans here! Give me inches! :D:D:D

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also The case webbing of the 9-23 is much beefier than the super And can handle more pressures.
like work, a nagging wife, and webworms in your trees

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I could get a mag fed lever gun like a Marlin in 9x25 Dillon or 9x23 I don’t even know if I’d need any other rifles other than an AR or two. 10mm would work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so let's see what we have learned here...

First and foremost, I can't afford the 10mm world.
Secondly, the weapon(s) and related gear is heavy.
And lastly, 10mm is probably "overkill" and would not be publicly accepted by the liberals who basically dominate the population here at the college campus where I provide law and order. Hell, they would probably all be happy if we were unarmed altogether.

I actually had a staff member make a comment to me at a basketball game, when she noticed that I was heeled.

She said, "OMIGOD! You're carrying a gun!"
I replied, "yes ma'am, I am."
She said, "why? Are you expecting trouble?"
I answered back, "if I was expecting trouble, I'd have my shotgun slung over my shoulder. "

The look she gave me was PRICELESS!

OSA, I hear you loud and clear. So in conclusion, I guess I'll just stick to 9mm or maybe .45ACP for duty use. Thank you to everyone who provided comments and suggestions/information on this thread, and helping me with my decision.
:thanku:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom