Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davecaris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On its way to the Governor’s desk, the bill states that “federal laws and regulations do not apply to personal firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition that is manufactured in Tennessee and remains in Tennessee. The limitation on federal law and regulation stated in this bill applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured using basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported into this state.”

excellent news!!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do they add mfg'd in Tennessee? Why not just say in Tennessee you can have any gun you want?

Because the Supremes have said over and over again that the Interstate Commerce clause applies even if the item/situation only indirectly impacts interstate commerce.

For example growing apples on your land for your own consumption is federally regulatable. Why? You impacted interstate commerce. How? If you hadn't grown those apples you'd have had to buy them. By not having to buy them you've impacted apple growers in other states, truckers that move those apples from other states, parts makers that make parts and tools that support apple growers and truckers in other states.

Sounds pretty silly doesn't it.

Well there was a guy named Turner (I think that was his name) who lived in Ohio back in the 40's that found out to his dismay that growing wheat on his farm, that never left that farm and was for his own use only was involved in interstate commerce according to the supremes.

These laws that Montana and Tennessee have passed are doomed. Feels good to live in a state where a law like that is passed but that's about as useful as the law will be. I for one wouldn't want to be the test case in MT or TN.

Would YOU?

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because the Supremes have said over and over again that the Interstate Commerce clause applies even if the item/situation only indirectly impacts interstate commerce.

For example growing apples on your land for your own consumption is federally regulatable. Why? You impacted interstate commerce. How? If you hadn't grown those apples you'd have had to buy them. By not having to buy them you've impacted apple growers in other states, truckers that move those apples from other states, parts makers that make parts and tools that support apple growers and truckers in other states.

Sounds pretty silly doesn't it.

Well there was a guy named Turner (I think that was his name) who lived in Ohio back in the 40's that found out to his dismay that growing wheat on his farm, that never left that farm and was for his own use only was involved in interstate commerce according to the supremes.

These laws that Montana and Tennessee have passed are doomed. Feels good to live in a state where a law like that is passed but that's about as useful as the law will be. I for one wouldn't want to be the test case in MT or TN.

Would YOU?

YEah, why not. If it wasn't for people like Dick Hellar who call BS, and then back it up, we would not be exercising our American Freedoms. I think 10th amend. trumps Commerce Act.

TunnelRat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We wouldn't have our country had our founders decided they did not want to be the one's to test a nation with a government that gets its power from the consent of the governed. Sometimes it takes balls to stare down tyranny with defiance.

"It does not take a majority to prevail but rather an irate tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Samuel Adams

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys - Oklahoma has the same law pending as those passed in MT and TN. It is ready to be voted on in next year's session if it can get out of commitee. It may very well pass next session.

I will applaud you, celebrate your courage, even contribute to your defense funds (assuming the state won't defend you) when y'all jump right out there and become OK's test case.

Heck I'll even visit ya in Club Fed cuz sure as snow balls will melt in Hades you will lose and OK sure won't go to war to keep you out of the federal lock up.

This isn't 1776 or 1861 or even 1968. Times have changed. The feds have all the power and most of the money. The media is in the pockets of or fawning over the lefties running the show and that's not going to change any time soon.

Sorry guys - and believe me when I say that I really do applaud your courage (assuming its not just internet rambling). BUT going to jail to test a law that it is a foregone conclusion that SCOTUS will toss just isn't practical and might even be exactly what the lefties want.

Won't to make a real difference - convert an anti. Go out and protest against anti politicians. Write your state and national representatives. Write obama. Boycott the advertisers that support the left wing media and let 'em know why. Get as many people as you can that think like you to do the same.

Then you might make a difference.

Going to jail to support a doomed law will have no effect at all and might even help the antis as the media will excoriate you and convince Joe Sixpac and all the rest of the unwashed, unthinking masses that you're either a nut job or a terrorist just waiting in the wings for the right time to act.

Feel good Law - that's all it is. The state doesn't have the sack to back it up. Anyone who tests it will be throwing away 10 years of their lives for naught.

Latest posts

Top Bottom