Texas HB 196

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is one thing she has said, after the backlash started. The one I posted was her first comments on it before it came back to bite her in the butt.

What I read was there are lots of comments of a very inflammatory nature being attributed to her on social media. I don't know, didn't see any credible source that actually quoted her (and a when and where) for the comments laid out in the OP. Honestly, just rereading them again, I still say it's hard for me to believe an elected legislator would say those things. I'm not just expressing disbelief, I'm saying it really doesn't even sound plausible.

Stranger things have happened, though. But lots of 'quotes' out there are not legit.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
201847E8-A012-440B-BB58-B9CBE0E40CED_jpeg.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just looked it up myself. That stuff in the OP is BS. Yes, the chick is bats*** crazy, but not THAT bats*** crazy.

Here's what she ACTUALLY said:

"“It does not repeal the Castle Doctrine, and it does not restrict homeowners from using firearms in self-defense as applicable to current Texas stand your ground laws,” Meza wrote in a Nov. 19 tweet. “What my bill would do if passed, would require a homeowner to exhaust the potential of safely retreating into their habitation before using deadly force in defense of themselves or their property.”"

Yeah, ok.

"Aren't you going to call the police?"
"Why should I? No one knows you're here."

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a relative who is an elected official in the state of Texas. Here, in part, is his take on this thing ...

"We will not know for sure what the bill will say until she presents it to the floor next year when Legislators meet. It still amazes me how bizarre this is and the outrageous comments that she makes. We will have to see how this unfolds. Again, all weird to me how this has come out now in advance of the process. Sad thing is at this time it appears to be legit as far as her introducing it. Don’t think it will go very far, but I am not ruling out property in Oklahoma. Definitely will have our eyes on this one. It may be a distraction for something else they are trying to pull. Time will tell. What is wild is that somebody voted for this person. That’s what scares me!!"

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around that the homeowner carried. a weapon to protect themselves. With this bishop's bill, the home invasions-types will have a free run and woe be to the homeowner that is in fear for his and his family's lives and shoots the invaders. Someone should shut this bishop!

Latest posts

Top Bottom