Texas HB 196

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe half the 'statements' being attributed to this loony Dem rep.

I agree, she's misguided in trying to roll back homeowner protection, but I don't believe most of the **** being posted as 'facts' or 'quotes' on social media today. Americans have become so f***ing gullible they'll believe anything. It's pathetic.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree, she's misguided in trying to roll back homeowner protection, but I don't believe most of the **** being posted as 'facts' or 'quotes' on social media today. Americans have become so f***ing gullible they'll believe anything. It's pathetic.

I don't believe anything from social media and hardly anything reported in the 'mainstream' media anymore.
The scene from the Simpsons where Homer gets in trouble and is interviewed by the TV station, only to have his words edited for maximum dramatic effect (with a clock on the wall behind him, clearly showing the minute hand bouncing back and forth) isn't too far fetched anymore.
Yeah the public is crazy but also as Mark Twain said of politicians you have to wonder if they really are that stupid and believe what they say or are they smarter and they're just putting us all on.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have a relative who is an elected official in the state of Texas. Here, in part, is his take on this thing ...

"We will not know for sure what the bill will say until she presents it to the floor next year when Legislators meet. It still amazes me how bizarre this is and the outrageous comments that she makes. We will have to see how this unfolds. Again, all weird to me how this has come out now in advance of the process. Sad thing is at this time it appears to be legit as far as her introducing it. Don’t think it will go very far, but I am not ruling out property in Oklahoma. Definitely will have our eyes on this one. It may be a distraction for something else they are trying to pull. Time will tell. What is wild is that somebody voted for this person. That’s what scares me!!"

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I can figure is that she is, has friends, relatives, and/or constituents in the home invasion business. I could be wrong on any of those counts but that would only leave PC.

And, it's not the death penalty for home invaders. It is the self defense of the residents. No one can know the ultimate intentions of a home invader or home invaders. The risk presented to the residents is up to and including death. The best time to protect one's self, family, etc., is at the moment of intrusion while the invaders are busy breaking glass and doors are being breached. It's then up to the invader(s) to make the choice to flee and live another day to invade somewhere else - or forge ahead and face death in the here and now. It's simple, easy to remember.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom