Thank God I’m Indian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week my son was taking a shower and he got out and said the water stopped working. So I went to the garage to check the pressure tank gauge. It was on zero. I checked the breaker and it hadn’t been tripped so I turned it off and back on. The pressure tank started working but not correctly. We were able to make it to the next day with water working intermittently. I called my tribe for them to come out to check it out and they came out the next day. They changed out the pressure switch which did not fix the problem. So they had to come out again the next day. I told them the problems it was still having and they checked a bunch of stuff and couldn’t determine what it was. So they left and said to call them back or it went out again. Well about an hour later my son called me and said it was off again. So they came back out and changed out the pressure tank. It still didn’t fix the problem so they had to come back out the next morning. They pulled my well pump and checked it and found out it was bad. So they changed my well pump out too, along with all new electrical and pvc. Now it works great! So I have all brand new well parts and I didn’t have to pay one cent for it! I am so very thankful to God that I am an Indian. I am also thankful my tribe does that for us. It would have cost me so much money if I would have had to pay for it myself.

I know it sounds like I’m rubbing it in but I’m not. I’m just so happy I got it all fixed and didn’t have to spend thousands myself. I used to gripe and say how our tribe needs to do more for the members but I don’t say that anymore. They actually do a lot for us. I just didn’t know it.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a priviledged white boy I don't get a hand up or out and if I think about it I get screwed more than anything else.. If God wasn't fond of the wife and I we'd no doubt be in a pickle..

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister lived in Tribal housing for most of her life and was always taken care of, she moved out last year in pursuit of a loser and I think the reality of rent/maintenance on a place has smacked her in the nose. I always felt like she was taken care of in her communities.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house and 99.99% of everyone else's that live in the country has a septic then lateral lines or 1 line that trickles down the hill. I get a visitor one day from DEQ and he served me papers saying someone file a complaint on me that I was discharging raw sewage. Turned out to be the guy who ran the county road grader. He decided he would go fish a few of our ponds without asking and then got his truck stuck. He walked to the house and asked to get pulled out and I told him he could come get his truck when it was dry and do not have someone come pull you out today. He didn't like that. Once a formal complaint is filed they inspect and then I have 60 days to show action. Luckily the tribe stepped up and put in a lagoon for me. I guess being an ******* can turn around and bite a person sometimes but it all ended good. There are lots of benefits for tribal members that most don't know. Do some research. It will surprise you what's available

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom