Thank you to the OHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

springfield_45

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I was driving to Lake Texoma earlier tonight when I was pullled over by a trooper near the ok/tx border in Marshall county south of Madill for 80 in a 65. I informed him I was carrying a concealed weapon and he said oooook. He didn't ask me where the gun was just asked me why I was driving so fast. Took about 5 minutes and gave me a written warning. Just wanted to thank for for the warning instead of the $220 citation. As a future Leo I greatly appreaciate everything they do for us.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Writing speeding tickets isn't a public service, it's a public nuisance. I'd like to slap the first person that thought it would be a good idea to limit vehicle speed.

springfield_45

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and volunteer to be the first person to be slapped. Obviously you haven't seen too many high speed traffic fatalties. They are down right nasty! I was just trying to give a thanks out to an officer who probably should have given me the citation but for some reason didn't. Most of my my instuctors in the COPS program have been OHP troopers and I have nothing but the utmost respect for what they do on a daily basis.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Writing speeding tickets isn't a public service, it's a public nuisance. I'd like to slap the first person that thought it would be a good idea to limit vehicle speed.

Like alcohol and chicken wings too many people abuse them. Speeders are the public nuisance. Wait until you work a fatality accident involving a local teenager who had the same attitude.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and volunteer to be the first person to be slapped. Obviously you haven't seen too many high speed traffic fatalties. They are down right nasty! I was just trying to give a thanks out to an officer who probably should have given me the citation but for some reason didn't. Most of my my instuctors in the COPS program have been OHP troopers and I have nothing but the utmost respect for what they do on a daily basis.

But, you know the saying -- no good deed goes unpunished ... :popcorn:

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry, but there are plenty of places on this planet with high or no speed limits at all, including a couple right here on the mainland. Accidents on those roads are either very low or never happen. I can understand limits on city streets and such, but I-40 and other interstates should either have no limit or at the least 80.

I wouldn't be thanking the guy for giving me a warning, I would be angry for him wasting my time in the first place!

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What? No beating. No drawdown. No civil rights violation. Just a courteous traffic stop with a warning and no expensive ticket.I guess the cop bashers will have to look elsewhere.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but there are plenty of places on this planet with high or no speed limits at all, including a couple right here on the mainland. Accidents on those roads are either very low or never happen. I can understand limits on city streets and such, but I-40 and other interstates should either have no limit or at the least 80.

I wouldn't be thanking the guy for giving me a warning, I would be angry for him wasting my time in the first place!
Highways have to be designed for those kinds of speeds. Most are not.
They would have to straighten out a lot of the curves and bends before that was safe.

We already have trucks losing control at the I35/I40 intersect on a regular basis and they aren't going anywhere near that fast.

On top of that, some of them are so rough and bumpy you can't go over 70 without bouncing all over the road.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Highways have to be designed for those kinds of speeds. Most are not.
They would have to straighten out a lot of the curves and bends before that was safe.

We already have trucks losing control at the I35/I40 intersect on a regular basis and they aren't going anywhere near that fast.

On top of that, some of them are so rough and bumpy you can't go over 70 without bouncing all over the road.

I'll give you that. The roads here are terrible. Obama could spend all of his infrastructure stimulus money here in Oklahoma and the roads would probably still not be as nice as Arkansas or Missouri. Crossing into Arkansas is like going from a dirt road to a brand new highway.

None of that ever stopped me from doing 95 in a 65 all the way from Coalgate to Poteau coming home from roughnecking, though. Would've probably drove faster if my truck didn't shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom