The Belt Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a couple of specific threads about various belts (gun-belts, leather belts, nylon belts, etc), so I thought I'd start a consolidated "all things belt" thread.

Here's a cool new kick-starter for a startup belt company:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manliestbelt/carry-less-adventure-more-survival-belt

Currently, I've got a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer and a Looper Leather (w/kydex) belt. I think I've still got 5.11 Instructor belt and a field belt somewhere, but I pretty much use the Wilderness exclusively unless I have to dress up (then I go with the Looper).

What belts do you recommend / own / want-to-own?

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rafter S did good work for me, but I find myself using the Maxpedition LIGER belt the most. Highly rec. the Liger for use and abuse, unless you need or want to make a statement with your belt.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Crossbreed and a 5.11 Instructor belt for casual wear. The only problem is when I wear a suit or slacks-the Crossbreed is too wide to fit through the loops. I found a handmade belt in Branson that is reasonably stiff. It works fine for lighter pistols, but I wouldn't want to carry my Springer steel frame 1911 with it!

Next gun show, I may track down Al Holoppa (sp?). He may have a narrow belt that is a bit better.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a leather Kydex belt, Looper. I have three, two are a paisley western style. The other is a tan dress belt. Rock solid. Kudos to Patrick for the custom paisley 1911 holster to match the western belts!
For nylon, I have an old Uncle Mike's instructor. I wish they still made them that well. I also have a 5.11 that is only meh. Too flimsy with no support.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For nylon, I have an old Uncle Mike's instructor. I wish they still made them that well.

+1

I have a "thick" wilderness, a normal wilderness, a galco knockoff, a new UM instructors, and an Old style UM I got from OA about 13 years ago, and that one still convinces me to roll with it on some mornings.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1

I have a "thick" wilderness, a normal wilderness, a galco knockoff, a new UM instructors, and an Old style UM I got from OA about 13 years ago, and that one still convinces me to roll with it on some mornings.

Come to think of it, mine almost that old too. I bought mine at OAS as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom