The Belt Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What belt width do you guys like to wear? I wore a 1 3/4" Wilderness Instructor with CSM for years, but made the switch to an Ares Ranger belt which comes in 1.5' width. I really think that I preferred the 1 3/4" width.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only have two, a 5.11 Instructor belt, and an ElPaso Saddlery Ranger belt. Both are 1.75", with the Ranger being the oldest at a little over 17yrs, and still stiff as the day it was purchased.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Looper belt that I recently started wearing again. I had grown out of it and after dropping 25 lbs I can wear it again.

I also have a Red Wing leather work belt that can be used as a gun belt. It is a plain basic thick leather belt at a great price. It bought it at a Red Wing store as a work belt and it looks good with the matching Red Wing boots.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1.5 inch bullhide gun belt from bullhidebelts.com. it is nice. I did however, have one that started to lose its hardness so I sent it back and withing 7 days received a new belt in the mail. Only had to pay a little to shop it back. Customer service was excellent. I would like to try a looper kydex belt though.

TPJustice

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone wear leather anymore? I've gone to a coyote nylon belt for 1.5" holsters and gear. I still wear a Mitch Rosen or Kramer horsehide 1 1/4" belt for most carry applications. Am I the only one left?

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I alternate between 2 different belts for EDC.

One of my favorites is the 1.75" Cobra buckle belt by Boxer Tactical. Unlike the other 1.75" that are made more for rugged duty type use in mind, this is a light and very comfortable belt for the carrying civilian. It's not heavy or the ultra thick with double epoxy coated nylon type duty belts that feel like you have a tire around your waist. Instead, this belt has a sheet of kydex that is woven inside the belt to give it the stiff rigidity to support the weight of a firearm, yet is thin and light and absolute pleasure to wear. Highly recommend this belt.

http://www.boxertactical.com/zenith-belt

My other favorite belt is a 1.5" EDC belt from S.O.E. gear.
http://www.originalsoegear.com/coll...cro-lining-blue-line-collection-size-36-to-44

Latest posts

Top Bottom