The Belt Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone wear leather anymore? I've gone to a coyote nylon belt for 1.5" holsters and gear. I still wear a Mitch Rosen or Kramer horsehide 1 1/4" belt for most carry applications. Am I the only one left?
Leather is the only kind of gun belt I own. Riggers belts are OK for the range, but out in public they kind of scream "this guy is carrying a gun."

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leather is the only kind of gun belt I own. Riggers belts are OK for the range, but out in public they kind of scream "this guy is carrying a gun."

I disagree. The 1.5" EDC style belts from SOE gear or Vagabond Stitching, ect. with the 1" cobra buckles and the 1 inch accent center strap can be fairly "hip" looking. Most people like the way the 1.5" and 1" cobra buckles look, especially the desert tan colored buckles.

I get most of my compliments from my 1.75" desert tan belt with the desert tan cobra buckle and my 1.5" EDC buckle that is dark gray, with the light gray center strap and desert tan cobra buckle. The EDC belts with the solid belt color and kyrptek patterns for the center strap look really nice too. I've had several non-firearms people actually order belts just for the looks. Usually when they get it, they ask why it's so stiff and that's usually my cue to introduce them into the wonderful world of firearms and the concept of EDC :) I convert more people into guns that way, heh.

I carry a Glock 23 at the 3 o'clock position in a crossbreed IWB holster and frequently wear form fitting shirts and tight clothing and no one ever notices that I'm carrying. I've shown my belt by lifting my shirt to show the buckle and the 9 o'clock side for the belt and no one ever knows that there's a Glock 23 strapped to my 3 o'clock side.

If you see a bunch of hipsters wearing cobra buckles and 1.5" EDC belts in downtown OKC, I'm most likely the blame ;)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I now have a looper and a magpul Tejas belt. Both work great. The magpul is my edc. It's wider than the looper and also thicker which works better. I am fixing to order an soe belt. Don't know if I want the edc or the cobra duty belt ( 1.5"). Supposedly they are the stiffest you can get. We shall see.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm good with a Wilderness 5-Stich in 1.5" width. I hardly ever tuck a shirt in anymore so nobody sees it anyway.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first gun belt was a Don hume. Made my own last year. It totals 14oz
attachment.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom