The Belt Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have a beltman that i have had for several years that still looks good. I have a milt sparks belt that was close to 100 dollars but not sure it is any better than the beltman.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the 5.11 apex belt? I was looking at them and I like the way they look and they appear to function well for an edc belt with or without carrying.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the 5.11 apex belt? I was looking at them and I like the way they look and they appear to function well for an edc belt with or without carrying.
I don't have any experience with them but I just purchased an edc belt from SOE Tactical. They make dang good products. Wasn't very expensive either. You can customize the colors of the thread too. Comes with a very nice cobra buckle. I would look into those. Good luck.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mean Gene Leather Belts all the way here........buy one or two of these and never look further or back. The best belt buckle system on the planet IMO as well.

http://www.meangeneleather.com/shop/mgl-victory-aegis-black/
I'm sure they are nice belts but man that is a hefty price for a leather belt. The one thing about leather belts is they will wear out. I have been through 2 bullhide belts and one looper. And the looper had kydex inside. My magpul is too new for it to have worn out yet. Even though it has polymer behind the leather I am sure it will break down eventually too. That is why I went with the soe tactical edc belt. Plus it is supposed to be the stiffest belt on earth. But I believe it's a good idea to have a leather belt. They look nice and don't scream "I am carrying".

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rafter S did good work for me, but I find myself using the Maxpedition LIGER belt the most. Highly rec. the Liger for use and abuse, unless you need or want to make a statement with your belt.

I've been wearing a Looper for work around the house and a Rafter S for everything else for the last 7 or 8 years. Rafter S had shut its doors but I met a lady at the last Wannenmacher that had bought the business. Rafter S are outstanding belts.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure they are nice belts but man that is a hefty price for a leather belt. The one thing about leather belts is they will wear out. I have been through 2 bullhide belts and one looper. And the looper had kydex inside. My magpul is too new for it to have worn out yet. Even though it has polymer behind the leather I am sure it will break down eventually too. That is why I went with the soe tactical edc belt. Plus it is supposed to be the stiffest belt on earth. But I believe it's a good idea to have a leather belt. They look nice and don't scream "I am carrying".

Understood......however, I've worn my MGL belt everyday for a little over a year and it has NO wear whatsoever. Still looks like new. I think the main reason is because of the buckle system. There are no holes in his belts which is wear most of the wear occurs over time. I do agree that they are not cheap. But anything that is quality these days and that are made in America are not cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom