the bottom has totally fallen out of the AR market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm shocked to see folks still posting AR platforms for sale on the net for stupid high prices. I've seen upwards of $2000 in some cases for a frankengun. Of course, I've not seen any sell at that price. I just don't get it.

Sellers are living in a dreamworld it seems. I Even saw a guy trying to sell a basic DPMS ar15 for $1200!!!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this on Armslist? Online vendors are selling Colts for just under $900 all day long. Checked out one of the Rugers for $599 the other day, neat little AR for the money IMO.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this on Armslist? Online vendors are selling Colts for just under $900 all day long. Checked out one of the Rugers for $599 the other day, neat little AR for the money IMO.

You are right!

What is really odd, and it may be dealers are just trying to unload weapons. Two days ago a customer just transferred in two Colt LE6920's, he said that he bought them online from a dealer for $845. each. Davidson's wholesale to dealers is $981.99 each for the same weapon.

Who knows it may get better around the upcoming presidential elections. LOL We still have a lot of high end AR15 inventory in weapons and parts, about a year ago we stopped doing gun shows, and started using all new monies for high end 1911's, and other handguns. Our intention is to stock our new store with the higher end weapons and parts.

The Weapons business model has changed so much from when we first started, we have to change along with it or go under like many others have.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I certainly concur that the majority of folks/dealers selling are doing so at fire sale prices. I've seen the crazy high prices on armslist and facebook. The price is usually accompanied by a photo of the gun laying on carpet and toes protruding from the bottom of the photo. I'm guessing these are folks that got taken during the panic and are now trying to unload the gun they thought was going to be banned by now (and worth a lot of money).

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I certainly concur that the majority of folks/dealers selling are doing so at fire sale prices. I've seen the crazy high prices on armslist and facebook. The price is usually accompanied by a photo of the gun laying on carpet and toes protruding from the bottom of the photo. I'm guessing these are folks that got taken during the panic and are now trying to unload the gun they thought was going to be banned by now (and worth a lot of money).

You're right about FB. So much so that it's become a running joke on some of those pages, lots of guys posting fake ads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom