the bottom has totally fallen out of the AR market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, when my upper gets here from Palmetto, I will have about $500 into this rifle and it will be pretty much as close to mil spec as you can legally get without going NFA... 4150 CL HPT/MPI barrel, C158 HPT/MPI bolt, and so forth. When you can build a top quality AR for that kind of money, you know the market is about as saturated as it can get. I have a hard time seeing how there was any profit margin at all on some of the stuff I bought on sale over the past year. Take advantage while you can. Someday we will fondly remember the days of $500 mil spec ARs, just like guys pine for the cheap mil surps and imports from days past.

mbalexander

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience Bass Pro gun prices are not in line with real world gun prices. Hard to imagine but their customer base, while outdoors people, must not be gun people.

It could be the mentality of "If it's from BP, there's something special about it that makes it better"?
We've all seen people pay inflated prices for things at "high end" stores just because it was at the "high end" store.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stood in line and bought my son a rock river lower with a trigger kit already installed from Mark's Firearms when they were disappearing. My son wanted to build his own rifle and the parts disappeared. Now that I'm reading the parts are back, I need info on where the best place to get them. What Web sites are the best for deals?

Latest posts

Top Bottom