The brisket is done!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ugly-debateable. Single-Nope. Can Cook-yep.

My wife is a mean cook as well. However shortly after we got married I set the groud rules for our house. She can cook everything but breakfast and anything that has to do with the grill.

She burnt the crap out of the bacon one morning. At that point she was outlawed from breakfast items.

Oh and don't even think about it. She shoots straighter than I do.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul. That does it! The Mrs. and I had been discussing having a Yukon OSA get together at our house. Looks like if we do have it I'll hire security to be sure you aren't allowed to attend.

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the thing about advice... ;) here is a tip I learned, Try and see if it works for you.. After you get past that stupid Temp hold of 160-165, spray it one last time and wrap it nice and tight in foil. Let it come up to around 190-195, then pull it and put it in a warmed cooler wrapped in a towel or two. Let rest till your ready to eat. ( at least 30-45 min )

Wrapping will help prevent the drying out and if you wrap it around the 160 deg mark you sealing in that hard to render fat. It will keep your brisket more moist.

YMMV, but it has worked real well for me over and over. I also Smoke the FULL brisket, Point and flat, after 2 or 3 briskets, you can make burnt ends, by taking the points off and re smoking those during another brisket session. There is Nothing Better then eating Burnt ends and some baked beans..

That

+1 I was going to type the same thing about pulling and foiling. I never do flats i ALWAYS do packers because i like the taste and love burnt ends. Also BBQ does great frozen in sandwich bags and thaw out as needed.:wink2:

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Paul. That does it! The Mrs. and I had been discussing having a Yukon OSA get together at our house. Looks like if we do have it I'll hire security to be sure you aren't allowed to attend.

Count me in instead of Paul. Although I'm out of elk meat.... but I could bring beer!

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This bad boy gets delivered to my house on Friday. If you don't know about the smokey mountains, they have a cult following.
http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41viuJVWg9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom