The EDC Flashlight Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how "tactical" they really are, but I saw these at the local Sam's Club a couple weeks ago, with duracell batteries included in the package, 20 bucks plus tax.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/led-fl...e/prod11770317.ip?searchTerm=tasco flashlight

(One thing I don't like is how the end cap button goes through HIGH-LOW-STROBE to go to each level. I'd rather have a different control for changing that.)
For the price they seem all right.

Thats pretty common. I think Streamlight and I know Terralux has a few models with a dedicated strobe button. Some programmable flashlights you can program which modes are available and in what order, but nothing in her price range.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted a question a while back about a inexpensive (cheap) edc light. EZ Bake turned me onto these.

Best $4 you will ever spend:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E0QAFY/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51VZ3gSciML._SY300_.jpg

FordEx Cree (takes 1 AA battery). I've got two of these now and some more on order. I let my sons use them when I don't want to fear loosing one of my nicer flashlights.

They throw pretty far and with the adjustable focus head, you can get plenty of spill or a tiny direct-light spot. Word of warning though, they will ship you one of 2 different versions - either a multi-mode (click the button each time to switch modes) or a single mode. That appears to be the only complaint about them - I got one of each so far and neither is a bad light.

Other than the looooooooooooooooong shipping time I got no complaints. I bought 4. 2 for my son and 2 for me. I've used one of mine daily without fail. They work way better than the price tag suggests. Just an option.

Clint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody use rings on your lights to help while shooting? I'm still on the fence but have been playing with the Thyrm Switchback for a couple weeks now and so far I like it.

arniesairsoft.co.uk_news2_wp_content_uploads_2014_01_image53.png

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anybody use rings on your lights to help while shooting? I'm still on the fence but have been playing with the Thyrm Switchback for a couple weeks now and so far I like it.

arniesairsoft.co.uk_news2_wp_content_uploads_2014_01_image53.png

Friend of mine just picked one of these up with a Surefire. Got to play with it. Kind of gimmicky, not sure how I'd like it holding a pistol, I think it might have too much side-to-side play. Plus it makes you shift your grip a bit. But it's great for a fast draw out of the pocket and into your hand ready to go.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I'd lost my streamlight forever and bought another protac 2l the other day I was unrolling a bale of hay and looked down and there was my original protac ! Been on the ground for about 10 days grateful that I found it and it worked perfectly once found. Durable durable durable piece of kit. Sure felt lost without it. Now I have a spare to throw in my backcountry pack. Great light for sure !

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Sparky102183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying a SL Protac 1aa for about 3yrs now but was recently given a Powertac Warrior Reloaded (750 lumen) and an E5 (950 lumen) at work. The Warrior is too big for EDC but is great for work and for a reliable bedside torch. I've EDC'ing the E5 for about a month now and WOW! Not only is it built like a tank but it's as bright as the sun! And it doesn't take up much more pocket space than the PT1AA. They both use 18650 rechargeables and i have one in each plus a spare on the charger. To me these can't be beat for the $...

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Latest posts

Top Bottom