The effect of long term unemployment and free stimulus money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been running an ad for several weeks with minimal response and the few that do respond don't show up for interview or not anywhere near qualified. Looking for part time person with accounting experience, QuickBooks a must. People today think it is great to show they have worked at 8 or 10 different places in the last 5 years. Have had more than one tell me "That is experience" !!

So you just want them to show up and interview for free??

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Robots as much as possible. When those extra benefits run out a whole lot of people are going to be SOL.
Ha. Just replaced a robot at one of our pharmacies last week. The old one died last December and it took this long to get a new one programmed to our software and installed. Does about 2/3 of the work of 1 pharmacist. Did not get it to replace anyone, just to make things easier for everybody.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Robots as much as possible. When those extra benefits run out a whole lot of people are going to be SOL.

Kiosk tablets to place orders in fast food will pretty much kill the need for anyone in that roll. When are the extra unemployment payments supposed to stop? I haven't kept up.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kiosk tablets to place orders in fast food will pretty much kill the need for anyone in that roll. When are the extra unemployment payments supposed to stop? I haven't kept up.

Benefits don't get rescinded... they just get rolled into some other program or another form. I GUAR-RAN-TEE you the current administration and the House and Senate are going to try to institute some kind of ongoing longterm payments out of this.

Matter of fact, someone told me the other day one of their neighbors is applying for some kind of ongoing payments for their two children, $600/mo for one, $300/mo for the other. They specifically said this was a monthly ongoing payment and specifically related to COVID in some way. I don't know how or what, or if that was accurate.

Jonny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Benefits don't get rescinded... they just get rolled into some other program or another form. I GUAR-RAN-TEE you the current administration and the House and Senate are going to try to institute some kind of ongoing longterm payments out of this.

Matter of fact, someone told me the other day one of their neighbors is applying for some kind of ongoing payments for their two children, $600/mo for one, $300/mo for the other. They specifically said this was a monthly ongoing payment and specifically related to COVID in some way. I don't know how or what, or if that was accurate.

I think that's been part of the plan all along; lockdown the country and people won't have income > acclimatize them to "free" money + more money than if they worked > establish a UBI.

I was talking to an uneducated & dumb drain on society the other day. He 1) actually considers unemployment and stimmy checks as income - that he somehow deserves; 2) refused to work because he'd be making less than unemployment and it wouldn't be enough to pay his bills. When I complained that he was getting any of my tax dollars he argued that he pays taxes on unemployment.

Yeah, I'd say a UBI and inflation are just around the corner when we have a country full of fools like him.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm maybe i need to consider going back to work since im not getting unemployment or stimulas and i always showed up for work early, maybe once i year i was late or right on time but always tried to be early.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

August or September. I do not remember which is when the extra $300 a week ends. That is when a lot of people are going to start looking for jobs. The smart ones will start a month early for the best shot at a higher paying job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom