The end is near...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for you and yours, Jeff. Be at peace knowing you will see your mom again.

My dad's dad died of lung cancer in the early 70s, back when the treatment was worse than the disease itself. He was very close to his brother, my Uncle Doc. Even though I was just a kid and my folks sheltered us from most of the really bad stuff I overheard a conversation I will never forget ...

My Dad told my Uncle Doc that right before he passed Grandpa said to tell Doc that dying was just like they talked about it being and not to fear anything or worry about anything. I take great comfort in those words and have never feared dying. If it had been anything bad I have no doubt my Grandpa would have told Doc he needed to straighten his ass up.

I don't profess to have all the answers but I'm positive that humans move to another place and see those they love again. Peace be with you and yours, sir.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff, very moving post! The dang dust in here is thick. Prayers prayed.

The honest truth is that people who love deeply and fight hard for others have to be told to “let go”. For some reason, their spirit and heart want to keep fighting on to help others, even when they are beyond any measure of living. It’s a thing and in a way I have to imagine that to most it is comforting to know that the peace they so desire has been granted an acceptance or approval verbally. Weird, I know, hope it comes out right and understandably.

God bless your family!

Latest posts

Top Bottom