The Fixed Blade knife thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still carrying and old cold steel trailmaster for my woods trips. It still works offers flexibility in what I can do with and easily resharpens. If I was buying something new in your price range I would have done exactly what you did and bought one of the Beckers. I used a BK7 my entire military career and loved it. It went to my little brother when he deployed the first time. The new smaller versions make me happy but the trailmaster is still going strong so I really don't need one.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my Kershaw camp 10. I love it. It is very strong and very sharp. Makes cutting wood and limbs easy. And the polymer sheath is nice. 20140315_203917.jpg

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would avoid the hoodlum unless they went to milling. They were laser cutting and there are tons of failures. The knife will break at the notch when batoning. There are plenty of yt videos on this issue.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great thread! Good info here. I like the Beckers and D2. Anybody here have a McCroskey? I thought I have always wanted one, just never have time to get to Stillwater.

ethan16

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So whats the low down on the Glock Field Knife?
Incredibly reliable, works dirty, never jams when removing it from or returning it to its sheath, you can always depend on it to go slice when you need it. However, there are some instances of the knife going kb if you use anything other than a factory edge on it. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom