1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

The G-43 sucks

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by dennishoddy, Feb 27, 2020.

1. edl

edl Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    With a post like this how can you keep the controversy going?!?

The Glock 43 is an accurate pistol. I can generally shoot a B8 in the low 90s at 25 yards. It is not a gun to be shot many rounds at one sitting.

as stated, it’s not for everyone......

John Zane and dennishoddy like this.
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I know that. I’m just stirring the pot for my own purulent reasons. It was a freebe gun so I had to find something to complain about and fling some poo for sporting purposes.
    My complaint about the poorly designed trigger guard is real though. I pulled out a couple different models of M&P for comparison today and noted that it was actually the trigger design on the 43 that directs the finger to rub on the guard. The M&P’s have a trigger that has more bow to them which keeps the finger off the guard.
    It’s a nice easily concealable Pistol and should serve that purpose well, but it’s not an all day range gun.

3. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well since you got it at the right price. I wonder if putting a flat or different trigger in would help any?

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The trigger is too flat now. One with more bow in it would probably solve the issue. Don’t know much about aftermarket triggers for glocks though.

Glock 40 likes this.
  5. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    :teach: Would be throwing money at a problem that isn't the problem. Just Dremel it.
    untitled.png
    The 9mm, especially when shot from a Glock, is simply too powerful of a cartridge for most people anyway.:musketeers:

6. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

I’ve shot my 43 quite a bit and not had any problems with the grip or otherwise...:anyone:

dennishoddy likes this.
  7. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you think the Glock trigger guard is bad, H&K says...."Hold my beer". The P30 and VP will chew your trigger finger up and spit it out for you. That trough under the trigger and the paddle release both will get you. But when it comes to reliability H&K tells Glock, "Hold my beer"...

retrieverman and dennishoddy like this.
  8. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    When I don't practice with my Glock's for a while and I shoot a lot of rounds through them, they do that. After shooting for a few days the pain goes away.

If I haven't shot my S&W Model 19 for a while it irritates my trigger finger and makes it feel like I have a hang nail. After shooting for a few days the pain goes away.

When I haven't shot a large caliber Contender in a while it whacks the devil out of the front of my trigger finger. After shooting for a few days with a piece of mole skin wrap around my finger the pain goes away.

When I shoot my 577/500 EXP Greener Martini it smacks my shoulder like mack truck and hurts like "L" leaving me black and blue.. After waiting a few months to shoot it again, it still smacks my shoulder like mack truck and still hurts like "L leaving me black and blue.

Moral of this story, when I was a kid and only had few guns, I shot a lot and nothing hurt, now I am an old man have a number of guns and don't shoot as much and every thing hurts.

9. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I haven't had the pleasure nor displeasure to shoot an HK. Never had one in my hands. Thanks for the warning.
    I don't have a single issue with trigger finger blisters in M&P nor 1911 platforms. Shooting both in USPSA matches with a couple hundred rounds in a few minutes of total shooting time has never produced trigger blisters. Both models totally reliable for me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Hangfire and retrieverman like this.
  10. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

Just stick to your 1911...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

You’re Welcome!!!:thumbup3:

Hangfire and dennishoddy like this.