The Holster Industry Makes Me Angry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is Kydex rough on the gun finish? It looks pretty abrasive.

Yes it is but ,if you carrying a "pretty" gun, stick with suede lined leather.Me,I don't care on my daily carry,they're "working guns" and I like Kydex.On a Glock,it scratches the black oxide but won't touch the Tennifer.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One reason that i have started trying to make my own.

i988.photobucket.com_albums_af6_OKBowhunter_066.jpg

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are lot's of plastic holsters for those that like them. I don't, but I'll admit I have a couple that I use until my high quality leather ones arrive. There are some good leather holster makers that can get you one in a month or so. If you like the looks of the pancake above you can get one from Simply Rugged. Very comfortable, heavy duty. A favorite of mine is Concealco and the expedited model usually gets here in a month or less. Quality is worth the wait.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like a crossbreed to try, but I have been very happy carrying in Don Hume for years. And quit griping about not getting anything instantly if you're right handed! ;)

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Milt Sparks to all the other brands mentioned but they have the same 6-8 problem.

That said, if you are using it for a 1911 or Glock, Brownells almost always has the Summer Special 2 in stock or if it's not in stock it will be soon.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom