The Holster Industry Makes Me Angry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes it took 6-8 weeks for my buddy to make custom in pocket holster for 340PD.

man it was worth the wait... absolutely the best pocket holster!!! better than ANY holster I've tried so far.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My good friend Al makes these... he does a lot of cowboy action rigs and sells out at gun shows. when you do world class work... you stay backlogged.

custom molded to my 340PD... had to wet down leather then wrap pistol in triple plastic, then leave dry over night. result is perfect fit... pistol comes out of pocket for 1.5 second draws.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj2.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj.JPG

What holster?

Michael Brown

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer Milt Sparks to all the other brands mentioned but they have the same 6-8 problem.

That said, if you are using it for a 1911 or Glock, Brownells almost always has the Summer Special 2 in stock or if it's not in stock it will be soon.

Michael Brown
Sparks SS II's are worth waiting for just a bit, if you have to. The Brownell's source for the mentioned version works fine. Brownell's website currently shows to be "in stock" on 5 of the 6 models mentioned.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's how he typically makes em for J frame.
wouldn't take much to specify covered trigger.

I requested horsehide, but he said there was a softer cowhide I would be happy with. he was right. he carried it for two weeks with his J frame breaking it in for me and making sure it rode correctly.

after the wet molding ... pistol fits perfect and comes out with very little drag. was considering switching to IWB with Crossbreed due to unacceptable 4.5 second draw speed with a BlackHawk pocket holster.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj3.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj4.JPG

Did you order it custom without it covering the trigger or is that how he typically makes them?

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom