The Holster Industry Makes Me Angry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about Al who used to be a drug/alcohol counselor?

My good friend Al makes these... he does a lot of cowboy action rigs and sells out at gun shows. when you do world class work... you stay backlogged.

custom molded to my 340PD... had to wet down leather then wrap pistol in triple plastic, then leave dry over night. result is perfect fit... pistol comes out of pocket for 1.5 second draws.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj2.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj.JPG

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So far Side Guard holsters is not returning my emails! So I'm waiting to know how long I'm going to have to wait! I'm giving that goober until today and then moving on.

The gun I'm needing this holster for is not terribly common. It's a CZ RAMI BD. So it does limit some of my options.

I do not want kydex. I'm looking for a complete leather setup.

Thanks for the help folks. Checking out some of these other options you all have mentioned, right now.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My good friend Al makes these... he does a lot of cowboy action rigs and sells out at gun shows. when you do world class work... you stay backlogged.

custom molded to my 340PD... had to wet down leather then wrap pistol in triple plastic, then leave dry over night. result is perfect fit... pistol comes out of pocket for 1.5 second draws.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj2.JPG

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_holsterj.JPG

I want one of these for my model 38 Bodyguard! :w000t:

Would you be so kind as to PM me Al's info so I can get one on order. :D

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that's him. I've known Al for a few years now and have gotten to see his leather work evolve. It wasn't always pretty but it did work and was made with sturdy materials. That's a good looking pocket holster.

no clue if he used to be a drug/alcohol counselor.
Al's one of my cycling buddies that just happens to make world class leather goods.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are lots of great reviews on different shooting forums about the Remora holster. Cheap and everyone that has one likes it. Very quick delivery time also. All the good comments made me order one and I didn't even need it. We'll see.
http://www.remoraholsters.com/

theSaint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $40 to $50 in leather and supplies, a dremel tool and some free time, you can make quite a few holsters. I made these during the blizzard, with no previous leather working experience. cell phone pic.
[Broken External Image]

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are lots of great reviews on different shooting forums about the Remora holster. Cheap and everyone that has one likes it. Very quick delivery time also. All the good comments made me order one and I didn't even need it. We'll see.
http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Wow, that's crazy! I just ordered one. For the price I figured what the hell!

Will see how it goes. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $40 to $50 in leather and supplies, a dremel tool and some free time, you can make quite a few holsters. I made these during the blizzard, with no previous leather working experience. cell phone pic.
[Broken External Image]

I think you need to start another thread man - I'd like some details as to your process and a whole lot more pics - that's friggin impressive right there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom