The last two OC'rs I saw....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know what the deal is with some people.... The last two people I saw open carrying, when I asked one guy "is that an FN?" he whipped it out to show me.... We where in his front yard, in town in the middle of the day. Not all that bad, but the next guy deserves an award.... I am standing in line at Lowes and hear the two guys behind me talking about gun stuff, so I turn around and see one of them is appendix carrying a full size 1911. So, I ask "what brand is your 1911?" He say's "It's a Taurus!" and then pulls it out of the holster to show me, while telling me it's "aluminum framed, I love it" etc etc...

I am not anti-open carry, and have OC'd on a few occasions. What makes people think they can just whip it out whenever they want? Common sense (not to mention knowledge of the law) is at a premium these days it would seem....

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two scenarios occurred to me, worst case-a misunderstanding, overreacting cop views this and proceeds to act. Best case an ex-convict/escaped rapist/aggravated assaulter/home invader casing the neighborhood from just down the street views this and thinks "Jesus Christ these people are packing like they got a right! Screw this , I'm trying the next street over!"

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I OC every once in a while but I have never pulled my pistol out of my holster to show someone. And I have had people ask me about it before. But I have never asked someone about theirs. I actually haven't seen one person in Shawnee OC besides myself. They won't be so Gung ho the next time they pull it out and a cop is near.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC fairly regularly when I can... had a few comments about my weapons (usually the 1911s), but have never and will never "whip it out". They're not to show off. And if I see someone doing so, I will most likely try to politely inform them that that is NOT a good idea.

Dang.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_DHL_zpsfe1b6abe.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom