The last two OC'rs I saw....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw someone OCing in the 21st and Yale WalMart Neighborhood Market at about 12am a week or so ago. I was in uniform behind him in line. No words were exchanged although I did want to ask if he was a member here, I bit my tongue.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a cop confront and an open carrier last week,,,
The cop was actually cool as all heck about it,,,
The open carrier on the other hand was not.

He was dressed very urban cowboy,,,
Wearing a gunslinger rig with a Ruger Single Six.

The cop didn't confront the man because he was open carrying,,,
He confronted him because he was resting his hand on the pistol.

Even then the cop was very calm about it,,,
Until the guy gave him some crap about the encounter,,,
So the cop explained how standing in a checkout line "fondling" his handgun,,,
Was grounds for him being cited for brandishing and "you need to calm down and not rest your hand on your gun".

I watched and took careful note of the entire encounter,,,
In my humble opinion the guy was showing off his macho attitude,,,
In this instance I do believe the cop was well within his purview to confront the cowboy wannabe.

I've really not seen that many people open carrying,,,
Other than a few mass displays at carry events,,,
Maybe a half a dozen since it became legal.

Aarond

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw someone OCing in the 21st and Yale WalMart Neighborhood Market at about 12am a week or so ago. I was in uniform behind him in line. No words were exchanged although I did want to ask if he was a member here, I bit my tongue.

Wrong time of day for me, and wrong WalMart Neighborhood Market. ;) Sometimes I can be found out late at the Owasso WalMart Neighborhood Market, but even that's rare. You might ask the next OCer you see about okshooters.com and opencarry.com. Unless, of course, he's a "mouth breather." :laugh6:

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only seen one OC, shortly after it was legalized back in Nov '12. Crest in SOKC, a man had a silver 1911 of some sort, I didn't get a good look and I didn't want to gawk. What struck me the most was that he was disabled and could only get around via wheelchair. I used to be the "OC = bad" crowd but that made me realize some of us don't have the luxury of being able to conceal IWB and such.

But I would never approach a stranger just to ask about what they're carrying. To many unknown variables.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only seen one OC, shortly after it was legalized back in Nov '12. Crest in SOKC, a man had a silver 1911 of some sort, I didn't get a good look and I didn't want to gawk. What struck me the most was that he was disabled and could only get around via wheelchair. I used to be the "OC = bad" crowd but that made me realize some of us don't have the luxury of being able to conceal IWB and such.

But I would never approach a stranger just to ask about what they're carrying. To many unknown variables.

I get lots of people commenting on my 1911s... I usually just nod and say thanks and move along. A few people you can tell want me to stop and talk guns with 'em, but I try to avoid it in that situation. I want to avoid the whole, "Hey can I see it?" thing. Don't want to be rude and say no. Once upon a time I let a guy see my carry weapons as we were waiting for some folks to arrive... don't get all out of sorts, we went to my truck, I personally unloaded them and inspected them before handing them over. But then, I thought to myself, "What am I gonna do if he just grabs on and runs away (this was in the middle of OKC)?" I woulda been stuck, really.

So, I resolved to avoid that situation in the future if possible... unless we're OSA buddies! :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom