The last two OC'rs I saw....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the guys I have seen "open carrying" look like they instead should be carrying a "Will work for food sign". They were scraggly or dirty looking with homemade tattoos, and basically look like they recently got out of prison. I know everyone doesn't wear dress slacks and starched white shirts but the way these guys looked sure didn't seem to promote our RIGHT to open carry-cause very well.

I'm a clean cut guy with no tattoos, but I'm sure people judge me based on my look too. As a welder, I wear a long sleeve carhartt shirt a lot, and they usually have a bunch of holes burned in them, maybe half the shirt tail gone from burning off that may or may not be fixed with duct tape, holes in my short sleeve shirts, frayed jeans with holes in them and probably pretty faded, with cowboy style work boots that usually look like they've seen a little too much use. Heck to some people I probably look homeless. Oh, I hate shaving to so I tend to walk around with a weeks worth of facial hair a lot.

I don't really have work clothes and good clothes, I just have clothes. I wear my work clothes when I'm not working too because I really don't give a damn about looking all nice and pretty. I may look like a run down bum a lot of times, and although I don't buy new vehicles, I own 3 dually diesel pickups that I've bought with cash. Heck I ran one bank out of money and to get me the 25 grand cash I needed they had to give me $12,000 in twenties, set me up a checking account (it was a bank in another state where I was working, we were able to cash checks there but I didn't have an account, just about 30 grand in checks I hadn't yet cashed) and call the car lot and tell them I'm going to be using a temporary check but it's good.

My point is that when you are judging people by the way they look, you are going to end up wrong and looking, and probably feeling, like a big ole fatheaded idiot.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I apply the same the same rule of thumb to the gun as my man parts. If I wouldn't whip out my man parts there, I'm not whipping my gun out. Regardless of if it's to brag to friends about mine while they're talking about theirs.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you saw me OCing in my cargo shorts and Adidas shirt, with my goatee and 5-days growth of beard, shaved head, tattoos on both legs, tattoo sleeves covering arms and earrings in both ears, you might not think I properly represent your right to carry, either.

Goes to show that you really cant judge a book by it cover. Some of the best ( and smartest) guys I know are nothing like they appear to be.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I apply the same the same rule of thumb to the gun as my man parts. If I wouldn't whip out my man parts there, I'm not whipping my gun out. Regardless of if it's to brag to friends about mine while they're talking about theirs.

When in doubt ...just whipper it out....and play it in a rock-n-roll band....8/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goes to show that you really cant judge a book by it cover. Some of the best ( and smartest) guys I know are nothing like they appear to be.

Not saying I fit in that category... I'm not out to represent anyone's rights. I'm not a politician or an activist, except as it applies to me, emailing my elected officials. But personally, I don't want to be judged "unfit" just because I don't look like a businessperson.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised I've only seen a couple other guys open carrying. I saw a guy carring a springfield XD in a retention holster at QT once.

I doubt anyone has even noticed me in the few times I've open carried. I'm either carrying a tiny, grey P3AT IWB where you can barely see it, or when I carry my Glock open its in places like the car wash, while getting gas, etc.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the guys I have seen "open carrying" look like they instead should be carrying a "Will work for food sign". They were scraggly or dirty looking with homemade tattoos, and basically look like they recently got out of prison. I know everyone doesn't wear dress slacks and starched white shirts but the way these guys looked sure didn't seem to promote our RIGHT to open carry-cause very well.

Where'd you see me at?

Latest posts

Top Bottom