The Lee-Enfields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC6094

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said in my introduction, I have a serious thing for mil-surp rifles, actually ANYTHING military surplus has always had a way of calling to me.

My first rifle was a Lithgow No1 MkIII* I bought when I was twelve years old, and if I said that Lee-Enfields were one of my favorites, I would be truly turning understatement into an art form.

Anyway, from top to bottom:
BSA No1 MkIII 1917
Faux N04 MkI(T)(Century Import)
Fazakerly No4 MkII Irish Contract Unissued
Fazakerly No4 MkII Post Irish Contract
i940.photobucket.com_albums_ad242_HavelockLEO_2015_20Family_20portraits_100_3018_zps23a9c7bb.jpg

Friedspam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Golden State Arms conversion Mo. 5 MK1. This is one of the many that were converted, not an original.
View attachment 45004

What did they convert that to? is it still a 303?
I saw a Sante Fe Jungle carbine in a gunshop yesterday with a shorter than normal looking magazine, but the guy behind the desk didn't know if it was a 308 or a 303. The bolt knob had no hole in it so I think it may have been a No4 when it was built originally.

Friedspam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were # 4's and should still be chambered in .303.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Maybe this weekend I'll try to take a few pictures of my Enfield collection and post them here also. If nothing else it will give me a chance to see if I can figure out this forums picture posting querks. Every one seems to be a little different.

Mike

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a No.5 MK1 that I bought at a Tulsa army surplus store in 1966. It was a brand new 1947 BSA model in cosmoline wrapped in brown waxy paper with all matching serial numbers. I shot it a few times during long ago deer seasons but it still looks new and is all original. I think the price was $37.95 with a cloth bandoleer full of ammo in stripper clips.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a No.5 MK1 that I bought at a Tulsa army surplus store in 1966. It was a brand new 1947 BSA model in cosmoline wrapped in brown waxy paper with all matching serial numbers. I shot it a few times during long ago deer seasons but it still looks new and is all original. I think the price was $37.95 with a cloth bandoleer full of ammo in stripper clips.

If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom