The Mule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the movies that Clint has directed in his later years more than the spaghetti westerns he starred in when younger. This looks like another good film. I'll watch it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife got it on DVD a couple days ago. We just finished watching it. I'd call it good but not great. I kept waiting for some cool twist or something. It's pretty straight forward and for me it was predictable. I'm not tryna discourage anyone from watching it but I just expected something more I guess. It is definitely better entertainment than most anything else that was on.
This is all my opinion of course!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a mule once.

Spouted off and gave $40 for it when a friend got mad & tired of loading/unloading it (he was a trader, and had other stuff in the trailer).

Sold it back to him a few weeks later for the same $40.

We were both happy... :D

And yes, I know this thread isn't about real mules. :P

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a mule once.

Spouted off and gave $40 for it when a friend got mad & tired of loading/unloading it (he was a trader, and had other stuff in the trailer).

Sold it back to him a few weeks later for the same $40.

We were both happy... :D
My uncle had mules. We rode them chasing greyhounds across the Osage county pastures after coyotes. Horses had trouble crossing steep creeks or jumping fences. Mules didn't.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle had mules. We rode them chasing greyhounds across the Osage county pastures after coyotes. Horses had trouble crossing steep creeks or jumping fences. Mules didn't.
Hehe... I put a saddle on this guy, and soon as I mounted, he started bucking.

No crupper, so the saddle immediately started going forward (mules don't have distinct withers like horses do). I bailed off on the fence rather than ride the saddle up on his neck, and let him buck himself out.

Hence the mutual happiness of selling him back to my friend for the same price.
:drunk2:

Apologies to the OP for the thread derail.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hehe... I put a saddle on this guy, and soon as I mounted, he started bucking.

No crupper, so the saddle immediately started going forward (mules don't have distinct withers like horses do). I bailed off on the fence rather than ride the saddle up on his neck, and let him buck himself out.

Hence the mutual happiness of selling him back to my friend for the same price.
:drunk2:

Apologies to the OP for the thread derail.

Not really derailed...

...this thread goes clear back to October.

My paternal grandmother was a hoot. On her 80th birthday, she called my mom and said that she wanted me to take her for a ride on my motor scooter. On her 81st birthday, she got to go for a ride on a mule. Personally, I've never ridden one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom