The new Marlin Appleseed 795 LTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Project Appleseed has finally succeeded in getting a firearms manufacturer to offer a factory Liberty Training Rifle!
http://appleseedinfo.org/ltr-marlin.html

appleseedinfo.org_pics_ltr_Marlin.jpg

It will come with Tech Sights (1 MOA click adjustable for windage and elevation), swivels, a GI web style shooting sling, an extra mag (for keeping up with the AQT course of fire), and is etched "Appleseed LTR" on the receiver. Also, until July 4, it will include a certificate to attend an Appleseed marksmanship clinic for free. MSRP is set at $299, but hopefully if the pricing is anything like the base 795s, we will be seeing them retail for quite a bit less.

I've shot plenty of Marlin 795s in this setup before. It is a solid design -- it is the good old Model 60 with detachable mags instead of tube feed. My Dad's required a little polishing of the feed ramp and inside of the receiver to run reliably, but after that it has been a very good rifle.

Attachments

• ltr-Marlin.jpg
    ltr-Marlin.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 291

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
That's cool, but c'mon Ruger, where is your 10/22 Appleseed LTR offering? The 10/22 seems to be the most popular rifle used at Appleseed. The sporter version(cat# K10/22-22 model# 1149) currently offered as a distributor exclusive with the addition of tech sights, auto bolt release, extended mag release and GI sling from the factory would work perfectly. I bet it would be one of their best sellers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom