THE NEW SAVAGE B22 PRECISION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son has a B17 and its a good shooting little rifle. The stock is a flimsy piece of crap. Otherwise the mags function well and the gun has never had an issue. This is an interesting proposition Savage makes some guns that shoot well for what they are and what they cost. This one is over priced imo street prices look like around $500 from what I have seen and he mentions that. I would think money is much better spent on a cz 457 provarmint for just about $25 more street price. The fact they got an MDT chassis is clearly driving up the price but I still think this gun would do better if it was $100 cheaper.

I am also surprised if that glass was so amazing he couldn't see any holes at 16x I guess I will give the benefit of the doubt it was printer paper with no or a poor backing. Those 100 yard groups were nothing to write home about wind or not for 5 shots from a sled. This is a growing market and lots of players jumping into it. The fact that an RPR can be found for $100 less . I think they just aren't going to sell many of these. Savage still has a 1 year warranty also. So while Savage has some dedicate fans. I don't think this one is going to be in the right price range for them.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for grins, I’d like to see a one on one/side by side test between the B22 and a CZ-452.

I've got a 452, but no B22 Precision. It will be interesting to see how this new Savage does, both at the range and at the retail sales level.

Come to think of it, throw a Ruger Precision Rimfire into the mix as well.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Action Arms had this CZ with At One Boyd's stock on their Facebook. May have to take a trip by Action Tomorrow.
Screenshot_2020-02-28-21-57-50.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom