"The Official 2010-2011 Hunting Season Success Pics"!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's ignore all the clutter in my dads garage and the crappyness of the cell phone pic. Called this guy in Friday late evening and he came a runnin

ai391.photobucket.com_albums_oo354_the58chevystepside_1291225785.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool NavyDoc. I hunted last Saturday all day and at about 11:00 in the morning I shot at a big buck and saw all the other deer run out of the area and he never left so I figured I hit him. I was in a tower blind with weeds all around and he was 350 yrds plus. When I got on the ground and started looking for him, I could find no blood or deer and I thought I saw where I lost sight of him was behind a big terrace. I thought he just got behind the terrace and snuck out without me seeing him. This morning we were at the place pheasant hunting and my uncle smelled something dead. I started looking and found him...eaten up by coyotes. I had to have walked by him in the chest high weeds within 20 ft several times but never saw him. We lasered the blind from where we found him and he was 393 yrds. I am glad to find him but sick that I didn't find him that day. 21" inside spread. Big 8 pt with one sticker on the side. My buck hunting is over for this year.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Lonnies2010RifleBuck.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shame you couldn't find him that day, but it's good to have closure. Nice buck.

Does his browtine grow down into his head?

No. Just looks like it was pushed over while in velvet or something. It lays right against the hair. Had a buddy measure him tonight that kills lots of big bucks and he is 160.5". I didn't think he was that big but he has a 21" inside spread and 25" main beams. I may have to have him mounted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. Just looks like it was pushed over while in velvet or something. It lays right against the hair. Had a buddy measure him tonight that kills lots of big bucks and he is 160.5". I didn't think he was that big but he has a 21" inside spread and 25" main beams. I may have to have him mounted.

Definitely have that bad boy mounted. I love the racks with abnormalities. they make a unique mount.
At least you found him!:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom