"The Official 2010-2011 Hunting Season Success Pics"!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have him mounted for sure. How tall are his tines?

Eye gaurds are 5 1/2", G2s are 11" and the G3s are 10" and he has a 2" sticker coming out of the right antler. Here are a couple pics of the rack laying on top of a box of clays for reference.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_1052.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I had pics to show but the hunting this year was not too good. Saw a lot of does but no shooter bucks. Did have a highlight though. Sitting on in a blind and had a small fork horn come in and he immediately started looking back from where he came. Thought I was going to hav a good one come in but it was a smallish 8 point show up to feed on an oak that dropped a lot of acorns. The two bucks for probably an hour were sparing. The fork horn was the aggressor or as I saw it was being a pesky PITA. They locked horns dozens of times in a playful manner. Never seen it in person pretty cool to see.

ON a side note: Many on you have seen me post up about my FIL's 1000 acre lease. Looks like he with a little push from me and his wife and daughters are looking at a 1500 acre lease to hunt closer to Tulsa with better terrain. What he currently has is absolutely beautiful but there are a lot of extenuating circumstances that are giving us second thoughts on keeping the long time current lease. My FIL is going to be looking at the new lease this week and start the negotiating. I spoke with the land owner yeasterday and our objectives / plans / needs jive really well with what the new leasor is looking for. Seems to be a good mesh for the two parties so far. Hopefully this works out and we will be hunting a new property with better potential come spring turkey and Fall deer for seasons to come. Wish us luck.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have looked for that deer ALL NIGHT...

Yea...looking back I wish I would have. I just did not hear the bullet hit and was not confident in the shot. When I walked out to where I thought he should have been and ranged back to the blind, it was 450 yrds. I wish I had called the game warden up there and had him come help me. I have no doubt that I could have guided someone right to the deer from the blind but walking out there on the ground in high weeds makes everything look different. I knew he was a good buck but I couldn't tell he was that big from long range. Coulda, shoulda, woulda....from this side it sure looks different.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doe hit the ground around 7:20 Buck on the ground just a few minutes later. both fell within 20 feet of each other. First deer for DanB. I couldn't be happier.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_First_20deer_20kill_IMG_0188.jpg

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_First_20deer_20kill_IMG_0185.jpg

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally getting around to uploading my pics.

Shot this guy at 10:05 on the 27th of November. After sitting all week in the deer stand and passing up a nice 7, I decided to set up in another location as they were probably well aware that I was in the stand. I sat at the edge of a field in some smaller trees. Out of nowhere, he shows up and begins eating on the edge of the field so I figured I'd wait til he worked his way a little closer. It wasn't 20 seconds later, he took off across the field trotting. He wouldn't stop so I blew at him, he slowed up and stopped. I took the shot then.

148 yard shot with 165gr accubond in 300 WM. He ran about 60 yards and piled up.

I hadn't ever got to go deer hunting due to no land, but the landowner where I had been predator hunting let me deer hunt this year. He isn't huge, but I am happy with him for a first deer.

8 point with some broken tines...he either got the hell beat out of him or vice versa!

ai39.photobucket.com_albums_e186_tslabaugh_2010buck_1.jpg

ai39.photobucket.com_albums_e186_tslabaugh_2010buck1.jpg

Then a pic of him from the trail cam

ai39.photobucket.com_albums_e186_tslabaugh_PICT0810.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom