"The Official 2010-2011 Hunting Season Success Pics"!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took a few friends out late last week for a pretty decent hunt. Had to take the picture on the truck just to show the wife that her truck worked just as good as mine. She had left it home that morning for me to clean. Figured I would get it dirty before I had to clean it. She was a little cranky when I sent her this picture

ai552.photobucket.com_albums_jj351_fishfurlife_Fordgoose.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I posted this, shot opening morning of this year with a Howa 1500 in a 243 using 80gr Power Points. This is my wife's first deer ever. 160lbs 8pt. shot on our friends land. She was so excited, she didn't even mind when our 13yr old son and nephew put blood stripes on her cheeks

Thats a jim dandy buck for a first one:D Going to get it mounted?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me and my Brother went out on the last day of the Holiday Doe Season yesterday on our Ranch and bagged these two.

We were walking down both sides of a creek when we jumped a group of does and fawns. My brother raised his Spike's Tactical/Olympic Arms .243 WSSM with Swavorski 3x9 and picked one out. I clearly heard the meat/bullet report and saw fur fly as his Winchester 95 grain Ballistic Tip .243 WSSM hit the doe at about 200 yards.

I counted 6 does run away from us over the hill and 4 more run off to our left over another hill.

We walked on up another 100 yards and I saw a doe through some trees standing on his side of the creek. I raised my rifle and put a .223 Remington 55 grain AccuTip-V right in the kill zone and she dropped like a bag of you-know-what. Kicked a couple times and expired.

We walked up to where we thought he had hit his and began looking. After a few minutes of searching I became eager and wanted to see mine. I could see her laying on his side of the creek and as I got closer I saw my Brother's doe laying no more than 25 yards from mine.

I'm not sure which was bigger as we just checked them in online and didn't bother weighing them. Both were mature does and perfect to thin the herd. We tagged them and loaded them up, took them home and dressed 'em out. Lots of meat in the freezer!

Who said AR's aren't good enough for deer hunting???

Certainly not me! Probably the best gun to have when jump shooting them like you guys did. Congrats on the does:D

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey dennis, yes it's at the shop now. Sorry to hear you guys didn't get any back straps. George is a good guy, but deerslayer for his name... give me a break, I do't think he's even seen a deer:laugh6::rubhands:. I know he can't call in turkeys.LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom