The "Oklahoma Boar Skewer"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man there is just something about a big knife!! Here is the 2nd generation of the "Oklahoma Pig Sticker" The "Oklahoma Boar skewer" This one is built on 0-1 tool steel @ 1/4" stock thickness. The Blade profile allows for a very fine sharp tip even at 1/4" stock thickness. I gave it a slight belly from back to tip in case some chopping or wood work is in order. I put some holes in it for front and rear lanyard options. The blade has a differential heat treatment if you look close you can see the Hamon line just below the primary bevel line a slight etching would bring it out but this one needs a dull mirror finish. There is a nice place mid way down the spine for a little batoning if that is in order. Its heavy......

13.5" total length, blade came in at 8 1/4" with 8" of cutting edge @ 1/4" stock thickness, handle and guard makes up the rest. Handle is black canvas micarta with brass guard and pins.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it, how much that little knife? :)
plus sheath?

Would it be possible to make it with two edges, Dagger like..? Im thinking the second edge is 1/3 to 1/4 of the entire blade length

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am assuming that a no response means "of course I can do it"

I'll pm you sometime about the price.

I can make about any shape knife really, I can put a false or full edge on the back, the good thing about a custom knife is its is customizable...

Here is the way this one started out, you can see I made some changes on the fly. I'm actually a better grinder than sketcher.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have thought out my idea before posting :hithead:

I think a double edge would make the "stick" a little easier given that this knife is pretty thick.

Bottom line... Nice work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom