The Rashid,Raschid,Rasheed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd keep an eye on gunbroker.com and gunauction.com. I've never seen one in the flesh. Not even at the big wanenmacher show. After taking a long hard look at one it looks like a swedish ljungman and an SKS had a one night stand and this was the offspring of that copulation.

Edit....There is four on GB right now. Just search egyptian rasheed. Two are no reserve.

They are very much a Swede knockoff. I saw one at the last gun show I went to in Durant. I think I saw the same one earlier in Ada, as well. The Rasheed is a small, and smaller caliber, version of the Hakim, which is a knockoff of the Ljungman. All three are pretty darn good rifles. I'd love to have a Ljungman, mainly because of the caliber.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are very much a Swede knockoff. I saw one at the last gun show I went to in Durant. I think I saw the same one earlier in Ada, as well. The Rasheed is a small, and smaller caliber, version of the Hakim, which is a knockoff of the Ljungman. All three are pretty darn good rifles. I'd love to have a Ljungman, mainly because of the caliber.

The Hakim is actually an improvement on the Ljungman, if for no other reason than having an adjustable gas system. The Rashid is a "downsized" version of the Hakim. I've owned examples of all three, and the Hakim was my favorite.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I knew someone was gonna ask that, but I don't recall. I have this problem, see. I'm ssure it's not age related.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to Gabe and Hoov at OAS, I'm a little poorer. I don't know if they knew i was looking for a Rasheed or just knew that I like the oddball stuff. BTW, they have an Hakim in the store if anyone is interested...

Latest posts

Top Bottom